Apparently, when you have a 45-minute FB conversation with the illustrious Mr. Daddy, you realize just how much time has passed since you really blogged about life. To rectify the situation (pun intended), I've decided to grace you all with our latest poop-related adventure. Aren't you all lucky?
Don't answer that.
I was downstairs a few weeks ago, sewing Christmas presents like a mad woman. I had a thought that went something like this, "Self, you've haven't seen Toby cat in a few days." Toby cat is our giant, fluffy, grumpy old man cat. He hangs out in the basement most of the time, hissing at the dog and making a pest of himself during school time.
I found Captain Grumpy Pants in his usual spot, curled up on my fabric bins in the closet. I thought he seemed a little under the weather, so I brought some food and water from upstairs and tried to get him to eat. That was not acceptable to Toby, so he headed back to his spot...
...dripping blood and puss from his behind the entire way.
Reason #625374882 I'm grateful for my new basement flooring.
The next 45 minutes were a blur of panicked phone calls to Super Realtor Man, my mother, and the vet. I got all kids up from naps, dressed, out the door in under 5 minutes. I had no idea what was going on, but I knew enough to know that BLOOD AND PUSS SHOULD NOT COME OUT OF A CAT'S RUMP!!!!!!
Did you know cats have two anal glands, one on either side of their butthole? And that those glands are what give kitty poo its distinct smell? And that those glands can get chunks of poo in them? And that poo will cause said glands to get infected? And that if the infection isn't caught right away, the glands can rupture, causing a giant mess and an even bigger infection?
Can you guess who now knows all this exciting information?
Can you guess who got to give a cat 3 different prescription medications over the course of 2 weeks?
Can you guess who got to take said cat back into the vet so his behind could get rechecked for any lingering infection?
Have you ever seen a cat's face when someone is shoving their finger up their rootie-poo?
I'll leave you with that mental image.






3 comments:
Oh.My.Word.
I don't even know what to say. I mean... I should be nice and thank my husband for prompting your return to bloggyland. But(t), I now have this horrible image in my head and I must go poke my mind's eye out with something hot.
OH GROSS GROSS GROSS!!! I feel so bad that you had to deal with that!
And I'm kind of gagging in sympathy over here. And still kind of feeling a bit queasy after reading that.
Thank you for the wonderful education. And visual. The cat will never live this down, ha!
Oh my word. NASTY! Thank you Mr. D.... or not.
I hope all the dripping is done and you are returning to normalish around there.
Just when you think you've seen it all...
Post a Comment