Ok peoples. I had the whole heartwarming, back to blogging post all done, then $#@&! Blogger decided to not save it. All my sentimental verbage mysteriously removed from cyberspace.
So now you get snarky.
Congratulations.
I realized that teaching 3 girls who are using 3 different grade levels was going to be interesting this year. I did not realize how much one-on-one time Madi would require. Nina is fairly self-sufficient with her math, english, writing, and spelling - all the subjects she tackles while I work with the littles. Violet is officially doing kindergarden this year, which requires lots of singing and silliness on my part. Little did I know there would be wailing and gnashing of teeth over learning to read from Madi. Thus, the requirement for one-on-one teaching.
Well, if Violet is left to her own devices for longer than, say, a minute, she finds something to occupy her mind. Which usually annoys one or both big sisters. In order to keep the sanity, I settled upon the electronic schooling method. I downloaded a bunch of grade-level educational games for the ipad, and while I'm working with Madi, Violet gets to play school games. When Madi is done, she gets the ipad and I work with Violet. Brilliant, right?
Until I go to download pics from the ipad a few days later. And I find these:





3 comments:
My 23 year old "kid" does the same thing! And he didn't read until he was 10. Which has nothing to do with the photos. I just wanted to reassure you that Madi will be okay even if reading doesn't come easy! Take a look at Alphabet Island Phonics. It's what finally clicked for Josiah and we had tried EVERYTHING! Not worth fighting to make something work that just doesn't fit the child.
Love you!
http://www.eagleswingsed.com/products/alphabet-island-complete/
Oh Lordy... your girls got your sense of humor :) I love that they did this!
And I am SO glad you are back to blogging!
Photo booth was one of the first things my daughters did when I got my ipad. I love the ipad for it's educational uses. I remember the days of entertaining the young ones so you could teach the older ones. I comfort myself with something I read years ago - that the average busy mother with three kids can still do a better job teaching than a teacher with a whole room full of kids.
Post a Comment