Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Here We Go Again

I'm sure someone will be mad I haven't talked about this trip before now.   But maybe I just didn't want to admit it was happening again.  Nina and I are in a hotel off I-70 in Denver, watching the Oscars and slowly relaxing.

Tomorrow we meet with a GI specialist.  Nina has had three episodes since May of very intense abdominal pain.  It's not her migraines.  She will tell you that this pain is very different.  And I (and her favorite ER doc) can tell that this pain is different.  We couldn't figure it out at home, so they have sent us to Denver in search of answers.

A part of me has an incredible sense of deja-vu.  Weren't we just here, trying to figure out why she was in pain?  Oh yeah, we were.  Three years ago, this month.

I wish I could take this pain away from her.  I wish I could look into her eyes and understand the cause.

I wish I had her strength.

But I do know this week will create some precious memories for my sweet girl, even if it's interspersed with yuck.


3 comments:

Kristin said...

Booo. Booo booo booo booo booo. Glad you're getting help; so sad it's needed again :( wish we were there to meet you at the Children's Museaum! Love you both and, of course, praying for healing and Dr's wisdom.

Bethany said...

I hate this for both of you. Thankful we serve a faithful God who can heal all our sicknesses and provide peace and comfort. Praying those over! Hugs to you both.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Praying for all of you ... and for wisdom and answers and healing and peace!