Moments when your heart leaps into your throat and your breathing stops.
Moments where nothing else matters.
Moments that give you tunnel vision.
Mine was yesterday morning, when I heard her scream.
The scream that isn't caused by a pestering sister, but rather a sudden and terrifying pain.
Those are the moments in which your mama heart stops.
I ran into the room to find my Madi girl on the ground, a huge tv on the floor next to her. I had asked her to put something away in the closet, not remembering that the tv on the rolling cart was in the front of the closet. She grabbed the cart to move it out of the way, the tv lost its balance on the cart and fell over. It hit her forehead, chest, and shoulder on its way to the ground.
There is nothing like the fear and adrenaline that rushes through a mother's body when her baby is hurt.
The what-ifs, I-should-haves, and whys course through your mind. And all you can think about is making sure your baby is ok.
This is one of those moments you are so grateful for all the hours your husband has spent in coaching clinics. A call to him and a call to our pediatrician's nurse confirmed that we were, yet again, going to get to visit our favorite ER nurses.
An hour later, we left the ER with a mild concussion and chest and shoulder bruises. She's got a raging headache, sore body, and yucky tummy. She's mellower than she's EVER been in her life. But she'll be ok.
And my heart rate is slowly returning to normal.
Although I'm not sure the tv will ever be the same.






8 comments:
Thank God she is all right. So scary
Thank God she is all right. So scary
Oh goodness... my heart dropped as soon as I read your description... I am so thankful for God's protection and for already healing her!
Praying for peace and no more "what if's" for your momma's heart.
Praising God that she is okay!
I am so glad she is ok. I have read horror stories about things like this happening and I would never want you to know that grief. I hope she feels better soon. ((Hugs)) to both of you.
So glad she's okay! That is so scary.
Thankful for God's protection of that sweet child. So glad she was ok! I had that type of experience with Lula Mae once when she was right at 3 years old. A set of folding closet doors randomly came completely off the track and fell as she walked past. it ruined the kitchen wall. She was just fine, just a small bruise, but my mind could not stop thinking "what if she was 2 inches to the left?" Ugh. Horrible feeling for sure! One of the hardest parts of being a Mommy!!!!
Post a Comment