Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 8, 2013

20

What's a birthday like in Heaven, sis?

Does Jesus throw the party?  I bet the food is fantastic.  

Your Father knows exactly the right gift.  He has always known.

~ ~ ~

Or do you even know it's your birthday in heaven? 

 In a place of perfection, beauty, and worship, in a place where time doesn't exist, is there even the celebration of the passing of a year?


~ ~ ~ 

On earth, today is bittersweet.  You would have been 20.  We would have been texting happy birthday wishes, writing on your FB wall, hugging you fiercely at church.  Probably doing something fun and slightly crazy to celebrate.  Today would have been a day to celebrate the amazing creation God made in you.  


~ ~ ~ 

Today will still be a day to celebrate you.  It always will.  I'm sure there will be tears - I can't even write this sentence without welling up.  But today will also be a day to celebrate.  To celebrate you.  Because you are loved.  You are cherished.  And you will always be remembered.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE LOVE, LOVE you CRAZY peeps! Praying for you EXTRA LOTS today!!!

Lynn D.

Bethany said...

Hugs, sweet friend. My heart aches as I read this.