Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

30 Day Picture Challenge: Day 16

Before I get started on today's Picture Challenge, I have to tell my handsome hubby Happy Anniversary!  I love you babe, and I cannot wait for 60 more amazing years!




Day 16:

A picture of someone who inspires you





This beautiful young lady is Ashley.  We met almost 5 years ago, when she and her family moved here from Oklahoma. She is many things:
  • caring
  • loving
  • generous
  • sweet
  • silly
  • funny
  • joyous
  • wise
  • a survivor

She suffered a massive stroke at 6 months.  You can read the story from her moms words here.  The doctors were certain that if she lived, she would never be able to function on her own.  Then they were certain she would never have the mental capacity beyond a toddler.  Then they were certain...


And every time she has proved them wrong.  She is a fighter.  She is stronger than most adults I know.  She is an inspiration.


*If you would like to read Ashleys take on her life (and continue to be inspired), you can read her story here. I am certain she would not mind a word of encouragement, either.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Yay Ashley! Totally agree. An inspiration to all of us. Love her!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Happy Anniversary, Jerome and Tiffany!

There are some awesome people from, and in, Oklahoma! :)

Love you, girlie!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary you two crazy love birds! May God bless you with many more happy years together!

She sounds like a really incredible person!

Kimberly Beach said...

Tears from this momma.

Bethany said...

Happy Anniversary!

Wow! What amazing friends you have.

Foursons said...

I love reading about strong women.

Happy Anniversary!

Rachel said...

So SO amazing!

And Happiest Anniversary you too. Hope your family time has been sweet in spite of your grief.