Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Questions and answers

Last week, we were getting ready for an early morning MRI at Primary Children's.

Tonight, the casted princess is resting on the couch while the littles chase each other down the hall with a plastic lei.

Last week, we were in a hotel.

Tonight we are home.

Last week, we had questions. Lots of questions. And nerves. And fears. And worries.

Tonight, we have answers. And pain meds. And more appointments to make. And questions.

But we have answers. We may not like some of those answers. No parent enjoys hearing the words brain damage. But we have answers.

God never promised that we would like all the answers. But He does promise to walk with us though the answers.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Your faith-filled words are a blessing of hope and comfort. You amaze me!

Know you are being covered in prayers!

Amy said...

Sweet friend, you are so right. God said there would be trials and tribulations. He is with you holding that precious girl in His hands. Keep on believing in Him and His word.

Sending tons of prayers for you all!!!! Keep me posted dear! I love you!!!!

Rachel said...

Oh gosh, friend. I can only imagine how that felt to your heart.

I have not been able to stop singing these lyrics lately - and they so apply to what He is doing in your family too... I am praying this over you:

I believe You can do this
But sometimes it's about more than just my faith.
I believe You are sovereign.
Then why do I keep asking you to explain?

When your ways are higher
Your thoughts are greater
Your plans are bigger than mine.

There's a peace in surrender
Though I don't have the answers
You've proven my trust isn't blind.




Friend, asking Him to hold you, as He holds your beautiful and perfect daughter. I praise Him because we are fearfully and wonderfully made. He knew all of her days before a single one of them came to be... and He is going to bring good from this Tiff. I know it.

Shell said...

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. While the answers may be scary, hopefully they will help lead you to a solution.

Angie Vik said...

My mother's heart hurts for your mother's heart. So sorry that your family is having a rough patch. Dealing with medical stuff is scary. I hope the doctors are able to fix what needs to be fixed and that God gives you His peace, no matter what the outcome.