Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Life with Minions

We are settling into our daily routine. We don't have a specific start time. I've discovered I'm just not that type of homeschooling mom. Some days we start at 8:30. Some days it's 10. And that's ok. Madi is reading sentences all on her own, Violet can spell and write her name, and Kat no longer hates math! I love teaching my girlies!

Kat is doing amazingly well after her surgery. The only reminder we have are her two tiny scars on the backs of her legs. She is doing well with her "physical therapy" - swim lessons, wii, chasing the dog.... In other words, being a kid!

And in case anyone wondered why I call my kids my minions ...

9 comments:

Amy said...

You go girl! We are laid back as well, and I think it keeps everyone happy! I mean, thats part of the joy of homeschooling, right? LOL

Bwahahahahaha that picture is fantastic!!!!

Jerome Bleger said...

I am so proud of all that you do with our girls. I really do appreciate it and even if I don't tell you often, "amazing job Mama!". You are absolutely amazing and there is no better for taking care of our minions.

Angie Vik said...

It blessed my heart to read your husband's sweet words or encouragement. It's nice to be appreciated. We don't usually get going until 10:00. We're all in much better moods if we don't start the day early. Keep u the good work.

Unknown said...

Amen friend. Amen!

Unknown said...

Thanks Angie. It does mean a lot. I have one early bird and two sleepy heads, so we're learning the fine art of compromise right now. Every day is worth it.

Unknown said...

Thanks my love. I appreciate that you work so hard to provide for us so I can be home with our babies. Love you too!

Rachel said...

Okay - now I got all gooey reading Jerome's comment.

So thankful that you get to stay home with the girls and have these experiences! So thankful for Kat's healing, for her care, and for those beautiful sisters of hers!

Beth Zimmerman said...

That's the kind of homeschool mamma I was too! Josiah turned out pretty well if I do say so myself! :)

I am still hoping that I can talk some of my *classic* bloggie friends into adding my Tigger blog to your readers. It’s much of what I used to write on Beth: A Work in Progress that people responded to well. I am making a disciplined effort to search out blessings and joy every day and post about them on Looking for Tigger. Plus I write a little about something that God has spoken to my heart that day. If I could subscribe for you I would totally do it because I really think you would love that little blog. But I can’t. So … I’m going to ask (again) please come visit me at http://www.lookingfortigger.com and subscribe! I’m really trying to grow that little corner of the blog-o-sphere and I need some support from my friends! Thank you!

Foursons said...

Yay, I'm glad homeschooling is going so well. Nolan begs me to homeschool him. He is such a mama's boy and would absolutely love it if I did. I really need to work though and so it isn't going to happen unless something goes horribly wrong with school.