Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 27, 2012

$200 blog fodder

Before we left town a few weekends ago (another post for another day), I noticed our sweet pup wasn't himself. Whining, sore, tired, grumpy. Sounds like a man cold, right?

Umm... Not so much

My first clue was the green puss coming out of his ... man part.

And then we went to the vet.

Did you know a dog can get an infected man part?

Neither did I.

Apparently, he leans over so far when he is doing his business that his ... man part ... rubs against whatever he's peeing on, and gets bacteria.

After suffering the indignity of an exam by the vet, the indignity of vet techs catching his pee, and the indignity of the vet techs cleaning out his ... man parts ... poor Ty was more than ready to come home.

But not before costing me $200.

7 comments:

Jess in Progress said...

Good thing he doesn't read because then he'd suffer the indignity of reading that you posted about his "man part" :).

Bethany said...

Maybe I'm glad my male dog still squats. ;) I've never heard of anything like that. Too bad you don't have ads on that post.

Foursons said...

Oh gosh, that sounds just awful! I'm embarrassed for him- poor guy.

Amy said...

ouch for the poor pup, and ouch for your poor pocket book!!!!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I was already giggling and then I arrived in the comments box! :D Poor Ty! Did the vet have any suggestions to prevent a repeat?

Angie Vik said...

Poor thing and poor you. $200. Ouch!

Rachel said...

Oh the indignity!

I thought of trying to alter your Saint Poopicus nickname, but that just ain't right...