If you've found me on FB, you know I sprained my ankle on Saturday. I don't even have an exciting story, I just tripped down the stairs and landed wrong. A friend suggested I tell people I made the mistake of kicking Jerome's butt while he was wearing his steel undies, but that could start a whole other conversation I don't want.
Anywho
I went to my appointment with the orthopedist today, fully expecting to be told to take it easy for a while and it should heal fine.
I should have known. Nothing about injuries in our family is ever easy. Or normal.
I am one of the few whose c-shaped bone that holds the arch in place never fused together. I know there's a fancy name for it but I don't remember what the doc called it, I don't want to google it, and I simply don't care at this moment. The tendon that connects the bone to my calf muscles grew over one of the bone parts and holds the two bone parts together. That's the tendon I strained. In order for it to heal, I have to stay completely off it for at least 4 weeks. There's a 40% chance that it still won't heal and I will need to have surgery to take out that extra bone and reattach the tendon the right way. Leave it to me...
So, I have 3 kids to homeschool (in the basement), a 100 pound dog to take outside, a house to clean, Mt. Laundries to tackle, swim lessons, play dates, church, sports, errands.
Did I mention that my injured foot is my right foot? As in my driving foot?
God must be giggling.





6 comments:
Make sure you decorate that walker. You need to look like a parade float!
Ouch! So sorry you're laid up. I know it's not easy when you have young children to take care of. I know it's still fresh and frustrating but hang in there because you'll be able to look back and see all the ways God took care of you and met you in your time of need. He's not giggling. He's holding out His hand and asking you to trust Him.
well that's just a bit crazy! i would say sorry, but you know God lets us go through trials for a reason, and we are blessed by our suffering, so i will say CONGRATS!
love you
Oh, no! I'll be praying for a complete healing with NO surgery.
Ouch! I can never have a "normal" injury either and I totally relate to how you're feeling right now. Hang in there and enjoy all the meals that are being cooked for you.
I wish I lived closer! I'd bring my laptop and come hang out to be your personal assistant while I'm unemployed. Take advantage of the offers of help that I know you're hearing and let your body have time to heal. And God may be giggling a little (never saw Him like that myself) but He is also telling you to rest, be still, take a time out and listen for His whisper! He loves you and He has a reason for allowing this! Love you!
Post a Comment