Well, we survived the first four days. I pretty much spent Thursday and Friday sleeping on the couch. Jerome was AMAZING and took the kids swimming, to the museum, on adventures, and generally did everything.
Saturday morning a dear friend picked me up and we went to a baby shower. When we got home, I was so light-headed and nauseous I almost collapsed. After spending the rest of the day like that, we realized the pain meds were doing more harm than good. So we ditched them.
Sunday was great, with church and fro yo mixed with naps. And no puking.
And today, it's back to the grind. We have 2 more weeks of school, so the girls are gathered around the coffee table while I'm on the couch. Jerome is is going back and forth between home and work, and the cats are pestering the dog.
In other words, life is returning to normal. Although we still aren't sure what color cast I should get tomorrow. Stay tuned for the big reveal!






5 comments:
So glad to hear you are doing good!
Looking forward to the reveal! Try Advil or Aleve for manageable pain. I have much better success with those than Tylenol. Glad you're able to do without prescription pain meds.
Pain meds are a double edged sword for sure. Hope your feeling better!
I'm allergic to narcotics, so unfortunately the only pain medicine I could ever take after surgery was over the counter Tylenol. Nice, huh? Glad you're doing so well and *pats on the back* for hubby!
Post a Comment