Once again I find myself in a hotel room in Denver, listening to the sweet sounds of my sleeping child. She is so peaceful, so perfect.
Once again I am reminded of just how passionately and deeply her Heavenly Father cares for her. While I know in my heart that the last three years of pain and frustration were not in His perfect plan for her life, I also know without a shadow of a doubt that He has used this journey for so much good.
She is stronger than she ever thought possible.
She has compassion and love beyond compare for any child in pain.
She has no fear of doctors, hospitals, nurses. She considers them her friends.
She has learned to stand up for herself, to express herself, to speak her mind.
Today the Les Miserables soundtrack has been playing in my head, particularly the song "One Day More." It is a song of promise, a song of hope. A song that reminds me we can continue to fight one more day.
And one more day is all I have to ask of her. Tomorrow she will fall asleep under anesthesia one more time. Tomorrow will be one more surgery. But tomorrow also holds the promise of the end. The end of three years of pain. The end of countless nights wondering how, and what, and why.
Tonight she is snuggling with a stuffed hippo named Sugar. Sugar will be next to my Nina when she falls asleep tomorrow, and Sugar will be by her side when she wakes. As will I.






4 comments:
So glad the surgery went well! Praying for full healing and great results!
Love you guys!
So grateful that this day finally came, and now she is on the other side of it! Thanking God for His faithfulness!
I hope this gives you the answers you need and the relief for your beautiful girl! You are all in my thoughts.
Just now seeing this, but I've been praying. Love and prayers for a quick complete healing.
Post a Comment