Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 6, 2013

How Do You Say Goodbye?

The girls are bathed and in bed. Tomorrow, they will put on their pretty dresses. At least one will ask for "fancy hair". Jerome will put on his suit and tie, I will wear a bright blue dress and the necklace I gave her last Christmas.

We will pick up the gorgeous floral arrangements that have been delivered in the last 8 days, and head to the church.

Has it really been 8 days?

I will arrange flowers, check with the tech guys, the musicians, our pastor.

I will try to keep myself busy right up to the last minute. I struggle to comprehend what we are truly doing tomorrow, and the tasks are so much easier to deal with than the emotions. The emotions bring tears, and heartache, and loss. And they hurt.

Because how do you say goodbye?

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh, friend. I pray it's only a see you later. I cannot imagine not having time to say goodbye. Praying for you...

Mom Of Many said...

We have been praying Tiff. Everyone who knew Celine loved her. Her sweet spirit shone. I am so sorry for the loss here on earth. There are no words...but prayers always. Love, D & L and treasures

estetik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sorry for your husbands loss and for your children's loss.

Praying for your whole family during this painful time.

~Yeve