Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday...yes, I'm still here

It has been so long since I've written a post. My life has been so busy lately. I'm working full time, then I come home, fix dinner, hang out with the kiddos, put them to bed, study for an hour, then drop into bed exhausted. I'm studying for my life & health license for work. Not that I want to, mind you. But it was "highly suggested", which translates to "DO IT".


So every night, about 8:30, I curl up on the couch with Jerome's laptop and immerse myself in the exciting world of life and health insurance underwriting guidelines. I know, you're all jealous. Your day seems so dull in comparison to my glamorous life. But really, ladies, I'm just like you.


Anyways...


So, I've been studying. And studying some more. And then, just for something different, I study from the book. I cannot wait for this test to be over. I like having my evenings. I like being able to chill on the couch with my hubby, maybe watch something on tv, maybe do a little horticultural work on my FB farm (darn you Sommer & Billy, for getting me hooked). Blog. But I know this is good for me. In the "a root canal is good for you" kind of way, but still good.


What in the world does this rant have to do with Thankful Thursday, you might ask? Honestly, I don't know. But, I do know that I am thankful for the peace that surpasses all understanding. Even though my days have been literally filled to the gills lately, I am peaceful. I am joyful. I am content. And it feels good.


I promise, I will get back to the blog updates. Our kids do so many weird and funny things, I can't not write them down. But, for now, it's back to studying. At least tonight is home group night - an awesome bunch of people, some sugar-free dessert (don't even get me going on this Healthy Challenge I got suckered into), and some good time to dig into God's thoughts. Gotta love it!

2 comments:

Jess in Progress said...

Hey Tiff,
Hang in there! I know what it means to study hard after you are done with school (I bet you never thought you'd be back to that?).
Love ya!

Michy said...

I have been missing your posts very much! Glad you're still kicking. Wish I could come eat some sugar free goodness with you!!!