Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This week, I am thankful for...

  • antibiotics and pain meds. On Tuesday, Jerome took me to the Urgent Care because I had had a fever (103), vomiting, sore throat, and aches. Turns out, I had strep throat, an ear infection, and sever tonsillitis. My right tonsil was so bad it was actually abscessed. Did not know they could do that. They had to give me an IV bag of fluids and antibiotics while I was in the office. They also sent me home with more meds. I spent two days at home resting, and it is amazing how much better I feel.

  • my kiddos. Spending the last two days at home sick could have been a joy or torture, depending on the attitude of my girls. And they have been angels. Our biggest disagreement was over who was going to sit on my lap. Tuesday morning, while we were watching a movie, Violet crawled onto the couch with me, snuggled against my chest, and fell asleep. We snuggled for about 1 1/2 hours. It was pure gold.

  • my hubby. I know I brag on him a lot, but he has really stepped up to the plate this week. Fixing meals, taking care of the kids, loving on me, doing whatever needed to be done. I am so grateful God chose to give me a husband who is willing to serve.

  • movies. How else do you entertain a 3 year old and a 2 year old for two days when the only time you can get off the couch is to throw up?

  • my job flexibility. It is so wonderful to work for my parents. To have bosses who lovingly force you to go home when you are sick, who urge you to stay home until you feel totally better, who come to your house to watch your kids so your husband can drive you to Urgent Care.

  • for two days of rest and visiting with my Daddy. Sometimes I think that I go and go, and the only time I slow down is when forced. I have spent a lot of time thinking about Gods dreams in my life, about transparency (another post), about a lot of things. Good things. God things. And I'm excited to see where they will lead.

What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

Jan said...

I'm glad you are on the mend!