Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 25, 2011

30 Day Picture Challenge: Day 18

Day 18:

A picture of your biggest insecurity




Maybe it was subconsious.  I had every intention, at least a week ago, of sitting down and finishing all these 30 Picture Challenge posts ahead of time.  And then I got to this one.  Ouch.  Insecurity.  Was I really ready to open myself up like that?


And then, I forgot.  And life got in the way.  And Beth caught me.  :) 


So, I have to get this done.  My biggest insecurity. 


Is me.


It seems like I am in a constant battle.  Who I am.  How others see me.  How God sees me.  How I see myself.  I am 31 years old, and for some reason I feel like I am supposed to have all this figured out.  But I dont.  And rather than cut myself some slack and show myself the grace I give others, I beat myself up.


Slowly, I am learning to be comfortable in my own skin.  But it has taken a while.

3 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

You're pretty consistent at posting picture-less posts! :)

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful... :) Cut yourself a break...

Rachel said...

I think every woman reading this would have echoed your words.

When I start feeling like that (because I do on a OCD regular basis, ha!), I have to remind myself that I shouldn't do the enemy's work for him.

God has never placed the "be perfect" burden on me, yet I flog myself with it constantly.

You are a beautiful child of God, a loyal friend, a beloved wife and mother, a fun and funny woman, and a wonderufl writer.

We love you. We understand and we love you.


Who else could rock the Saint Poopicus??? :)