Day 19:
A picture and a letter
Dear Mom and Dad,
First of all, Mom, please do not hate me forever for posting a photo of your behind. Its just really hard to find a great photo of you - you are always busy (and avoiding the camera). Hmm...I wonder where I got that from? But I treasure these photos because they are you - loving your grandbabies and cherishing moments with your treasures.
Happy Anniversary. You two are the best example to me of love and commitment through everything. Through good times. Through bad times. Through times where it sure looked easier to walk out, but commitment and love said otherwise.
You have shown me what it means to be a family. That family isn't always always blood, but heart. That family is always there.
You have loved us kids when we didn't deserve it, when we didn't want it, when we tried to avoid it. You let us be ourselves, but always reminded us where we came from.
And now that you are grandparents, I get to watch a completely different side of you. Thank you for spoiling my children ( Am I really saying this?). They know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they are loved and adored. Thank you for taking a step back when we have to be tough with them. I know its hard, but it shows us that you respect us as parents.
When I was little, I could not imagine EVER being friends with my parents. You were parents, not friends. Now I understand. And I love that we can be friends and family together.
I love you both. Thanks for always being there, for being such great parents.
But please, please stop grabbing each others butts in front of me. It is still gross.







5 comments:
Awww Tiffany! I was sitting here all choked up by the sweetness and then ... you went and made me hoot with laughter! :)
Love you!
What a sweet letter! I too love watching my mom w/my kids. I think being a grandparent is going to be great!
Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! and to you too, Tiffany, by default. You are blessed with an incredible, and gross ;), heritage.
Awww, such a meaningful letter...and then the butt grabbing! So funny!
I am dying... you wrote such a beautiful heartfelt letter and you just rocked that totally unexpected punchline.
Somehow I think your mom will have more to say about that line, than about the picture ;)
Post a Comment