Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Of Biscuits and Bruises

We got a dog two weeks ago.

Actually, we bought a horse with identity issues.

Meet Ty.

He is enormous. 94ish pounds of muscle and tongue. We think he may be German Shepard, hound of some variety, perhaps a bit of Airedale, and maybe some Shetland pony thrown in for good measure.

He is incredible. Loves every single last person on the face of the earth. Ignores the girls' food at dinner time. Tries as hard as he can to obey. Likes the cats, but not to the point of terrorizing them.

Except the crate. Hates the crate. Is terrified of the crate. Turned my body into a PSA for domestic violence the night I got caught between him and the crate. Aren't you glad I took one of those cheesy "iPhone in the bathroom mirror" photos as proof for you? And yes, my first thought was "blog fodder" when I saw that bruise.

Actually tore apart the crate the next day trying to get out of the contraption of doom.

So, we gave up on the crate. He sleeps in the living room at night. He pretends like he sleeps on his bed but we both know he climbs on the couch as soon as he thinks it's safe. He also stays in the house when we have to leave for a few hours. And he has yet to mess with a single non-doggy item.

I am so glad we brought him home. Our family was ready for another dog. And he was ready for us.

As long as the crate of doom stays in the shed and the biscuits stay on the floor.

7 comments:

Bethany said...

He's beautiful! Good thing he ignores food. That boy could eat off the counter! I can't wait to see more of him.

Anonymous said...

He's huge! I want a dog like that!

Foursons said...

Ouch!!!

He is a mammoth dog, wow! My dog doesn't sleep in a crate either. We have a dog bed on the floor for him. But until we bought it, he thought the couch belonged to him.

I have also left him in the house while we were gone for a short time and he hasn't done anything wrong.

The only time he gets in trouble is if there are chicken scraps in the trash- he just can't resist those!!!

You sure did get a beauty though. And how nice of you to buy the girls a dog and a pony at the same time. :)

Rachel said...

Oh Good Lord Tiff... that is just the ouchiest bruise! I cannot believe that!

Poor thing! I mean both of you! :)


And btw - I cracked up bigtime over your Saint Poopicus comment on Amy's blog... you beat me to it!

Jan said...

Now that's a bruise!

Dawn said...

Oh, my goodness - he looks as big as Marmaduke, and twice as big as your girlies! And your bruise is as big as it can be, too!!

Yep - blog fodder is all around us, isn't it??

Well, better you than me with that pony!

Brandi said...

Okay, you could have posted that on FB and earned some freak points! LOL! Ouch!!!

He's beautiful and BIG! I bet the girls just adore him! As much as our two dumb-dumbs get on my nerves, it's so sweet to watch them with the kids.