Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday... God's Provision

This whole experience these last two years, if nothing else, has taught me so much more about trust than I ever expected to learn. While I am nowhere near where I want to be in trusting my Daddy, I am learning.


This week we have seen His provision in ways we would have never expected.


Katrina has been growing out of clothing, especially dresses, at a ridiculous rate. Some of our friends gave us clothes their daughters had outgrown. Included in the sack were four dresses.


Jerome closed a deal today that we sincerely doubted would get done. The client is in extreme physical pain, is very emotionally unstable, and has treated Jerome, well, like dirt. There have been numerous times that any other agent would have walked away. Jerome stuck with it, and today it closed. Right when God knew we needed it.


Another friend brought a garbage sack full of sweatshirts and jackets to our house last night. She was in charge of clearing out her kids' school's lost & found, and getting rid of everything. We now have at least a dozen new sweatshirts for myself & the girls.


We really needed two new tires and front brakes for my van. But we didn't have the money. At all. This week, we got a bonus from a client that was the exact amount we needed to do both.


When Jerome's parents left for France at the beginning of the month, they also closed the restaurant downtown for the month. Yippee, our mom got her first real vacation in who knows how long. But, they had a lot of food leftover that would go bad before they opened the restaurant again. We got sent to, essentially, clean out the fridge. Needless to say, this month my grocery bill has been diminished because of my in-laws' blessing. Much of the food we were given were items I won't normally buy - things like bacon, asparagus, French cheeses, grapes. My sweet mom-in-law even had the bakers bake six loaves of sandwich bread & freeze them so that we would have plenty of that while the bakery was closed.


Do I still worry? Unfortunately, yes. Do I still have trouble trusting God's plan when I can't see it? Yup. But, . Because is it getting easier to trust, even when I can't see? Absolutely. And weeks like this one, I never want to forget.


What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: