Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Random updates from a random mind

In bullet style, for your convenience and my amusement. Because it is a beautiful, sunshiny day and I can't play in my backyard. *pout*

* It is extremely hard to resist the siren call of the lawnmower. I love my lawnmower in a slightly unhealthy manner. But I somehow think that grass clippings stuck to my cast might give me away to my surgeon.

* We got to spend way more time in the ER and doctor's office than I would have liked this week. Nina woke up Thursday with extreme pain in her lower right abdomen. All the ER docs were certain it was appendicitis, until it wasn't. Turns out it was a nasty stomach virus that decided to attack the cluster of lymph nodes next to her lower intestine. Needless to say, the littles are going stir crazy while big sis groans on the couch.

* We are almost done with school for the year. This first year had been challenging, but amazing. I am super excited to order next year's curriculum, but ready for a little break.

* My surgery date is May 30. Happy birthday to me - I get morphine!!! It was either that or our anniversary. I opted for my birthday and told my surgeon I would bring him cupcakes.

* I get to rock a hard cast for 6 weeks post-op. Mainly because Jerome and my surgeon agreed that, at some point, I will go stir crazy and try to put weight on my foot if he lets me be in the black boot. I hate it when I know they're right.

* The main conversation in our house right now is what color my cast should be. The consensus is pink camo. I think that works. I promise pics once I'm coherent enough to work my phone.

* Madi has had 2 tball games, and LOVES it. I can easily see her rocking the eye black and striking out the boys when she's older.

* A sweet friend from church has volunteered to clean my house once a week while I'm laid up. So humbling, and yet so awesome!!!

* We are now headed to a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for one of our favorite teenagers. Bonus - no cooking or cleaning for me!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh girlie - I feel so bad for you with the bum foot! Praying that surgery goes perfectly and that God will HEAL YOU!

Praying for Nina's tummy - ouch.

So glad to hear Madi loves t-ball!

And what on earth is happening in Viv's world? :)

Happiest Mother's Day!

Brandi said...

Challenging and fun, yep. Hey, speaking of homeschooling, are you a member of the Hip Homeschool Moms on FB? (And, I may have told you about it before because in my old age, I can never remember if I actually said something out loud or just thought it). Anywho, it's a great community with lots of info/ideas. I'm excited for the next school year too. I'm a bit of a curriculum junkie.

So, did I miss what happened to your foot? I will certainly be sending prayers, girl.

Happy Mother's Day! :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

When did Kat change to Nina? Loved having a little update on your life. Summer in a cast sounds like a major bummer! Make sure you tell them you want waterproof! My opinion is that they should offer it as an option but Josiah's doctor never did until I was at my wit's end. (Broken wrist in March. Out of cast in May. Broken knuckle in June. Back in cast until August!) Love ya, girlie!

Angie Vik said...

Bless your friend's heart for cleaning your house. Years ago I was laid up with a back surgery and a friend would come over and clean, saying that men don't clean as well as women. Sorry your summer enjoyment will be impeded by a cast, although having a pink camo should take the sting out of it. Hope your foot heals fast and well.