Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Trial and Tribulations of a One-Legged Scooter Driver

Jerome is in town with the boys, playing their first softball game of the year. And, because the game was at 8:25 at night, and because Nina and I must rise with the chickens tomorrow for our grand adventure (more on that in a bit), and because tiny princess Violet got shots today, and because it is all windy and such outside, we stayed home. Which allows me to take a bath in peace with a glass of wine and my phone and a book. I like late games.

My scooter, which had saved my sanity, by the way, was far too boring. So we spiced it up. I think it looks much more fabulous now.

But do you see that back tire? Well, there is a little knob on that tire. A metal knob. A metal knob that I succeed in whacking with my ankle at least once a day. Thus, the loverly photo of my sad, abused ankle.

What's tomorrow, you ask? Well, it is our grand adventure! Nina gets to visit super Dr. S at Shriner's in Salt Lake for her 6 month(ish) post-op checkup. She is doing fabulous, in my opinion, but it's nice to have medical opinions to back you up. And, because I cannot drive 7 hours with my left foot, nor can Jerome take 2 days off in the middle of the work week to take us, we get a special treat. Shriner Grandpa and Shriner Grandpa's Buddy are going to fly us to SLC in SGB's plane! We will be helping them deliver 80 disposable cameras to the patients at the hospital, and Grandpa gets to see the hospital from the grandpa perspective. After our appointment we will be flown back home the same day. Such service! I guess it pays to know people sometimes.

So now I'm going to go soak my poor feet and prepare myself to wake with the chickens.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, that really is service! That is so neat! Can't wait to hear all about your fun little adventure!

Rachel said...

You get to FLY there?!?! God really loves these treats :)

Hope your appointments go fabulous and so glad to know you're doing good (busted appendage and all!)

Bethany said...

That's awesome you get to fly. I was wondering what that was about. :) I can't wait to see pictures from the trip.

Hopefully your poor ankle gets a break soon. :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Take oodles of pictures! ... And I know the commenter above me meant well but it seems a bit cruel to wish an ankle break upon you! :)