Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hard Core Republicans!









So, following in the footsteps of all the other crazies, here's my thoughts about Friday night's rally:






1. I was so blessed to be able to participate in what I consider to be one of our country's highest callings - democracy.




2. I was blessed to be able to see those who were demonstrating against John McCain. It gives me faces to go along with prayers.










3. I was blessed to begin to show my children that, when you believe passionately in something, it should not matter who knows.

4. I was blessed to see my children start to become passionate about their beliefs.

All in all, I was blessed! What an amazing evening! We stood in line for FOREVER, but were actually able to get in. When we got there, my dad, who had been there since 1:30 found us & tried to take us to where the rest of our group was. It ended up being too tight & uncomfortable for the kiddos, so we stepped back out of the crowd and stood next to the track - still really close! When Sen. McCain arrived, Katrina & Madison were swept up in the excitement, waving their signs & yelling "We love McCain". It amazes me that my children can understand & accept so much easier than many adults. Listening to the senator from SC, then Cindy McCain, then Sen. John McCain, I was struck by the fact that we should not be amazed that he and Sarah Palin are encountering such stiff opposition. The Bible tells us that, when we fight for Biblical principles, we will face opposition. Friday night simply cemented in my mind the need to go to war in the spiritual for this country. And, in the spirit of the blogging world, here's the photographic evidence that our family really is a bunch of hard core republicans!




No comments: