Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 27, 2008

I HATE POOP!!!!!!!

SPOILER WARNING: IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH, OR JUST DO NOT APPRECIATE BODILY DISCUSSION CONVERSATIONS, DO NOT READ THIS POST!


Our family time has always seemed to revolve around poop. From Katrina's first poop as an infant (the power shot across the room) to the ever-popular "Poo-poo come out!"call to Madison's present left on the playroom floor, we've had our fair share of entertainment. But NOTHING compares to tonight's adventure:


So, most of you know that while Jerome was in France, Violet developed the wonderful, nasty habit of pooping in the bathtub! SHE NEVER POOPED IN THE BATHTUB UNTIL DADDY WAS GONE! SO FUN! So, I got to shower all three girls multiple times throughout the week. You can imagine how popular this was with Madison...


Well, Jerome came home and, since then, Violet stopped. Of course. Before we put them in the bath tonight, Madison both pooped & pee-ed on the toilet! Yeah, happy potty moment! We had a celebration involving gummy bears, then put them in the bath. I went in to wash them a little later & found that Violet's lovely habit has continued! So, we got all the girls out & started the shower. While I washed Katrina, Jerome was cleaning the poop out of the bathtub and Madi and Violet were supposed to be sitting nicely in our room. Not so much...


I got Katrina out & grabbed Violet, who was in the bathroom. I didn't even look at Madi. I should have. I should have covered her in plastic before leaving her alone. Katrina yelled something to me while I was in washing an unhappy Violet, something I could not understand. But Jerome understood. He now wished that he had been smart & pretended like he was suddenly deaf. He came into our room to find Madison literally covered in her own poop. She had had diarrhea, which stuck to her behind, then ran down her legs into a puddle under her feet. She then must have touched it with her hands, because it was all over her chest, stomach, arms, & face. And, oh yes, she put her fingers in her mouth!


Violet has never been washed faster! I got her out & carried Madi into the shower. While Jerome was dry-heaving cleaning up the poop on the floor, I was dry-heaving cleaning up the poop on the daughter. And, we both forgot that Violet was naked. She proceeded to pee on the carpet. At that point, the only thing we could do was laugh.


Once the poop was gone, and the girls smelled like little girls again, and not a septic tank, we took this photo. Proof that all is, once again, well in the Bleger House.


Right after we took this photo, Madison hugged each of us and said, "I had poo-poo out my chubbies. It was yucky. You cleaned me. Thank you." Okay, it was worth it.

I have had a new realization about my Heavenly Father. I have to wonder how many times I have spiritually covered myself in diarrhea, then stood frozen in panic, screaming for my Daddy. I have to wonder how many times my loving Daddy has cleaned me up, laughing & dry-heaving to Himself, because there is nothing else He can do about it. And I, just like Madison, can do nothing but say, "It was yucky. You cleaned me. Thank you."

5 comments:

Jo said...

All I have to say is better you than me; and I am right there with you rubbing poop all over myself then asking for forgiveness.

Kristin said...

Ha ha! he he! I know it wasn't funny at the time, but oh, how I love your girls and their poop stories...can't wait till Madi is 16 and you tell this story to the boys! Bravo for surviving...another Bleger poop moment.

Miss. Jinny said...

Oh Tiff I am so happy you have joined the world of blogging! It is so great! :) I love you story and thanks for the laugh and the little word of wisdom! :)

Jill said...

I read your blog last night and Mark and I laughed out loud. It was painful but worth it! It was definitely a Maddie story. Glad you blogged about it so you can remember it for ever. The best picture I had in my head was of Jerome dry heaving. Mark would've been right there with him! The joys of parenting!

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

LOVE THIS POST. LOVE THIS POST. LOVE IT! I heard a rumor about this one and I had to read it for myself. You are one in a million Mom Tiff and your final comments get a HUGE thumbs up from me. Thank you Daddy for cleaning me up. I know you love me.. you guys are awesome parents. Jerome's a rockstar for helping diligently. Love your Bleger chaos and friendship! lv, jen