Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 31, 2008

Our Miracle for Today

Okay, so I've officially lost it. It is MIDNIGHT and I am blogging! But I know that I cannot go to sleep without sharing God's amazing, tangible miracle He just gave me. But first, the background to the story:

We went to Indianapolis for a wedding the first weekend in October. When we got home, we discovered that the pilot light in our boiler, which in turn heats the house, had blown out. So, we relit it and went on with life. Well, this pilot light has become the bane of our existence. At least 2, if not 3, times a week, we discover that it has gone out. Usually in the evening, when I realize that I'm really cold. And usually when we're ready to go to bed. So, we relight it and move on. Please understand, Jerome & I know very little, if anything about boilers. We only know that, in order for our house to be warm, the little blue flame has to be there.

Tonight, the pilot light went out AGAIN! ARGH!!! I am so frustrated with this thing! I relight it, only to discover an hour later that it is out. I relight it again, to no avail. By this time, it's bedtime. So, we decide to let it be for a while. I read in bed while Jerome fell asleep.

About a half-hour ago, I got up to try it again. Nothing. The pilot would light, but wouldn't stay lit. Again. Nothing. Again. Nothing. At this point, I simply sit in our "utility" room, and cry. I am so ticked off at God that I tell Him so (for those of you who are wondering - yes, that is ok). I'm learning how to truly express myself with my Daddy, so I let Him have it with both barrels. How can Madison get well (she has a massive case of croup) if I can't keep the house warm? How are we supposed to keep the house warm in the winter? We have a fireplace, but I am very allergic to smoke. Why can't we just get one little break? Don't you think we've been through enough lately? Does one more thing have to break that we can't afford to fix? WHY?

Then, I try one last time. I have already decided that I will get the portable heater from downstairs for our room, & put extra blankets on the girls if this doesn't work. I told God, "Look, right now, my faith is about nil. I have been through so much crap (yes, I feel this is an appropriate use of this word, considering the situation) lately, I need to know that You are still there for us. Please Lord, just one tangible evidence that You care." And I tried, one last time. AND IT STAYED LIT! AND IT TURNED ON WHEN I FLIPPED THE ELECTRICITY SWITCH! AND THE TEMPERATURE & PRESSURE GAUGES ROSE! AND IT'S STILL LIT (yes, I just checked)!

And I just recalled going through the very same situation with our well last winter during the huge snowfalls. And God miraculously fixed our well. And He can miraculously fix our boiler. And He can miraculously fix me. And that's the best part! Have a miraculous day!

1 comment:

Mom Of Many said...

Yippee Jesus! Now you need to just find a little furnace or something that symbolizes one, even a match or a pack of matches with many of the matches gone - symbolizing all the ones you HAD used.. and put it in your Memorial Box...and then talk about it off and on for the rest of your lives....how God provided and fixed the pilot light!! Miracles from our FAITHFUL Father - Yippee Jesus! Love it, love it, love it!