Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday...

Our amazing senior pastor's wife, Linn, has started a blogging tradition of "Thankful Thursdays". Check out her amazing blog at http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com and find the "How About Thankful Thursdays" post. She has inspired me in so many ways, & this is just one of them. So, to continue that tradition, here is what I am thankful for today.

1. My amazing husband Jerome, who has somehow managed to both endure & thrive in being married to me, the world's most stubborn woman. He has figured out, with God's help, how to lead our family in a godly, righteous manner that amazes me every day!
2. That God has gotten us through literally a year with virtually no income. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that He is the only reason we have made it. He has provided for us in so many creative ways, that on those days when I don't see how we are going to be able to make it, I just have to look at what He has already done and trust.
3. My three gorgeous girls, that the doctors said we probably would never be able to have.
4. My amazing friend Jo, who loves & cares for Madison & Violet while I have gone to work full time. It is such a blessing to know that, if my children cannot be with me all day, they are with someone who loves them almost as much as I do.
4. Our parents - Jean-Pierre & Rebecca and Tom & Teresa. While we may not always see eye-to-eye, I know that they will always be there for us.
5. Friends who have been, and will always, be there for me.
6. Espresso
7. Our pastoral staff at our church. Each and every one of them is called by God to serve in our church for this season. It is an honor to serve under them. They are all, also, caffeine addicts as well. They understand why espresso came 1st!
8. Crisp fall mornings in the mountains, where the only sound is the rustle of the leaves on the oak brush.
9. Lake Powell - what a cool idea God gave someone! I LOVE IT!
10. Our home - we have truly been blessed!
11. Espresso
12. The color purple
13. Our home group. We have been blessed with an amazing group of people who, over the last two years, have become dear friends. There is a verse in the Bible that talks about friends who will "be closer than a brother". I know that is true with them. We have been through a lot together. I am so grateful to share life with them.
14. Tulips & daffodils in the spring
15. Espresso
16. That all my crazy blogging friends got me sucked into this addiction! What an amazing way to share life!

I pray a Thankful Thursday for each and every one of you!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Yay for thankful Thursdays! By the way, I forgot to tell you thank you for the movie and the jewlrey...I love it all! So does Pax. he keeps stealing the necklace...

Jo said...

I take it you are thankful for espresso?:)

Mom Of Many said...

Yippee for Thankful Thursday! Isn't it fun to see all the things people are thankful for? I love it...must be why the Bible says to "In everything give thanks.." So glad you are in blogland - too fun! Love you girlfriend!

Miss. Jinny said...

I love expresso too! You are great tiff and I love you!