Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Old MacDonalds had a birthday party

... and surprisingly, the building is still standing. We are starting the tradition of letting the girls pick their birthday dinner. Most of the time it's pizza. Violet said, "I'nna go Old MacDonalds wif grammas n papas." So, to Happy Meal land we went!


Here's the entire motley crew getting ready to eat. I say motley because getting both sets of grandparents together is always interesting. Fun, but interesting. We talked about everything from the state of the Icelandic currency to an old guy we all know who has Alzheimer's to the closing of a local newspaper. See?? Never boring!




Violet was very excited to open her presents. Very excited. Excited to the point of frustrated screams every time someone touched any part of any of her presents. Interesting, I'm sure, for the other McDonald's patrons. Not that I cared.


But, in her defense, she did let her big sister "read" her new book to her. Please understand, Madison is not a prodigy. Her version of "reading" involves naming the characters on the page and making up a story. But Violet loved it.


"Is this really for me? All of it?"



Yes, baby. Mommy loves you so much that she bought you the mammoth cupcake complete
with pink frosting, entirely for you. So much better that the au-naturel carrot cake nastiness I tried feeding your biggest sister. Mom has learned a few things.



And, once we wore off the sugar buzz with a bazillion trips down the slide (how she didn't puke the frosting I will never know), we went home and HAD to put on the new princess pjs.




Happy Birthday Miss Violet!!!





















4 comments:

Jan said...

And where can I purchase said mammoth cupcake complete with pink frosting? And since I have all boys, it would obviously be for me! ;-)

Unknown said...

Why, City Market, of course. And the frosting does come in other colors. Like blue. Just ask Jerome about blue frosting. I dare you.

Susan Mudry-McDaniel said...

Very Awesome. Congrats to Violet. Tell her "Happy Birthday" to her for em, though she has no idea who I am. :) By the way, paper shuddered?

Shelly said...

And where can I purchase grown-up-girl-sized princess jammies? They look really comfortable.