
Then last night I received a package from my awesome friend Jessica. She sewed these wonderful dresses. Aren't they beautiful?

Another friend posted a message at work, asking for pillowcases or material. Her mom is now sewing like a mad woman, making a pile of dresses for me from material donated by her daughters co-workers.
Then, a friend of a friend from Cortez gave me 9 BAGS OF MATERIAL. Not just little W*l-Mart sack, but 9 giant garbage sacks full of material. She heard about what I was trying to do, and searched through her Zircon to find material to bless Haiti's children. She also donated multiple bolts of fleece for blankets.
Tonight, our nanny took some of that material home to make dresses and shorts for little boys. Another friend is making more shorts and shirts for the boys.
So, how can you help? Here are our needs:
- more dresses. I have material you can use.
- shorts & shirts for the boys. There is some really cute boy fabric in those bags, and some really easy shorts & shirts patterns online.
- cloth diapers.
- blankets. If you are interested in making those, I have a lot of cute fleece.
- sewing materials. We are using a lot of thread, elastic, and double-folded bias tape. If you cant sew but would like to help, this might be a great way.
Contact me if you would like to help in any way. I would be grateful for any help I can get. It looks like we will probably be going sometime in May or early June, so we have plenty of time. If you leave a comment on this post, I will respond with any info you need. Also, please feel free to link up this post onto your blogs. It is my dream to connect seamstresses from around the country to bless the children of Haiti. Thanks for helping, my friends!





3 comments:
Those dresses are really precious!
You don't have too many? Should I continue?
I have two dresses and two skirts that are finished. I also have material for probably four more skirts that I plan on finishing this weekend. I can make more clothing and blankets if you need. The teacher I work with is an amazing seamstress, and I'm sure if I ask and get her the material she would love to help. Let me know if you still need help.
Post a Comment