Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

30 DPC Day 24: A wish for change

Day 24:  A picture of something you wish you could change


A while back, we played in the river with some friends.





And, as I look back on all the photos I took that day, I cannot help but feel a bit wistful.



When you are a child, summer seems to last forever.






The days never end.






And growing up seems like it will never happen.






I wish I could freeze days like that day.
Even when my kids are being stinky.






Because those days don't last forever.
Kids grow up.






They go from baby dolls to boys far too fast.






And these lazy summer days will only be a distant memory.






Take the long way home today.






Splash in the creek.






Maybe even pick up a bug or two.






Take the time to search for treasures with your child.








Because little ones won't stay little,






But the memories can last forever.






5 comments:

Bethany said...

Beautiful, Tiffany. The wish, the pictures and, of course, your girls.

That looks like the best kind of summer day. One of the many reasons I want to move out of the city. Heck even out of an industrial state. There are so few pristine places like that around here.

Beth Zimmerman said...

And the photos help you hold onto the memories! Love you, sweetie!

HeatherOz said...

Ah yes! Our 2 weeks in SLC were like that. We can't wait to go back.

Angie Vik said...

I totally agree. It's important we enjoy our kids and help them take time to smell the roses. Great pictures. Makes me want to dip my toes in.

Rachel said...

Love that you captured this and spent the time to make those memories... they go by so quickly!