Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Candy Time!

Saturday, I invited a bunch of friends over to our house to make candy. I make candy every year, and every year I hear someone say,"Wow, I wish I knew how to do that." We had a great time combining ideas & recipes, and just hanging out as the girls. Jill, Jo, Jen, Jinny, Esther, Stephanie, Sommer, Celine, Grace, and Esther's girls all came & learned some new tricks, and generally had fun being silly! And, to show that I have officially become a blog dork, my first thought after inviting everyone was, "I have to make sure & take a lot of pictures for the blog!" Man, I'm bad...

Here's my beautiful little kitchen, covered in bowls, pans, and ingredients. As usual, I bought too much stuff...

Here's Jill working so hard on the Almond Toffee. She did a wonderful job on it!
Sommer decided to be a smarty pants and try to take a picture of me while I was photographing the candy, so turn about is fair play!

I actually got Celine to pose & smile for a picture. Is the end of the world imminent?


The ladies enjoying a little down time & Guitar Hero inbetween batches.



The Almond Toffee (by Jill) and the Peanut Brittle (by Stephanie)



The popcorn balls (by Celine, Katrina, and Grace)



The Martha Washingtons - my favorite! (by Jinny, Jo, Jen, and Esther)

The finished trays - each lady took home a sampler plate, and we still had about 12 extra plates! Perfect for the neighbors who are so understanding about how many people are at our house on a weekly basis!
The finished product - millionaires - created by Sommer
Chocolate Rum Balls - Jill, Tiffany, & Celine
Holiday Fudge - Stephanie, Jill, Celine
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls - Jen, Jo, Jinny, Esther
Martha Washingtons - Jo, Jinny, Jen, Esther
Peanut Brittle - Stephanie
Almond Toffee - Jill
Popcorn Balls - Celine, Katrina, Grace



Next Christmas, if you weren't here, consider yourself invited! Making candy was way more fun with a bunch of great friend to share it with!







2 comments:

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

I love hanging at the Bleger's house making candy with awesome chicks. It was so much fun and Tiffany you are total blessing to all of us. We love you so much girl! :) lv, jen

Jill said...

Thanks for the credit but you really are the candy crack expert. I spent so much time getting a hard crack!!! I just tried to follow directions. It's what I do best. I had a blast. Thank you for doing it and sharing some of your unending knowledge, your food and your home. It was wonderful!