Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday...My Kids!

I loved Jill's idea of being thankful for specifics, but couldn't completely steal the idea and talk about Jerome, so you get to hear more about my girls! I've recently realized that there are people in my life (family members, even) who do not appreciate nor like children. This breaks my heart because, as a mom, I see how precious every child is. Okay, enough soap box, more thankfulness!

These pictures were taken at a park near our house a few weeks ago. I took them with my cell, because, of course, I was out without a camera. I should know the first rule of blogging by now - DO NOT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT A CAMERA! Oh well, they're cute enough anyways...


Katrina
I am thankful for:
  • her beautiful smile
  • her tender heart
  • the way she wholeheartedly accepts Jesus's love for her, without doubts
  • how quickly she has adapted to the "school" routine, loving it and learning so quickly
  • how obedient she is...most of the time...
  • her giggles and silliness
  • how much she reminds me of myself - what an interesting way to view yourself
  • the way she knows when others are hurting and tries to make them feel better

Violet:

I am thankful for:

  • her precious baby giggles
  • the way she snuggles & gives hugs
  • how she kicks & waves her arms when she's excited
  • the way that she will go to anyone, and just loves to be admired
  • her sweet, sweet attitude
  • her easy-going and calm view towards life
  • the way she sleeps on her stomach with her butt in the air
  • her adventurous spirit

Madison:

I am thankful for...

  • her strong personality. It is a challenge, but also reassuring to know that my daughter will be strong!
  • her mischievousness, always testing limits
  • her sense of humor - she is becoming a comedienne
  • her gentleness with her little sister - not something I would have expected
  • her "big" hugs and kisses - made even more precious by their infrequency
  • her "big girl" attitude - she can and will keep up with the older kids
  • her deep attachments to people - her friendships do not run wide, but deep
  • her curiosity - this is a girl who will figure out the world!

It is so easy for me to get frustrated with them, I needed to take some time & reflect on just how amazing they are!






1 comment:

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

Yeah for these three beautiful girls. I am also thankful for them.. that they are friends with my children and me. That they are open and loving. That they are beautiful gifts. What treasures.

And Jerome... you'll get your post... I am sure. Maybe next week Tiff? ;)