So, here's the real reason why I made Jerome wait so long to have an entire Thankful Thursday dedicated to him. Twelve years ago, today, this really cute, fluffy-haired boy with thick glasses took me out on our first date. We went out to this great Italian place and then to a movie. I had never dated such a gentleman before - he didn't even hold my hand! The entire night, I couldn't believe that I was dating someone so nice. We had been friends before, but you knows how that goes... And, on the 12th anniversary of our first date (I think it was today...) you need to know that you are amazing, and I love you more than ever!
I could go on and on, but I'll try to contain myself...I am thankful ...
- that he saw the potential in me, saw my searching, hurting heart, and loved me just as I was.
- that he never gave up on me, even when I tried to get him to.
- that he has been so patient & loving with my stubborn, dominant personality.
- that he makes me laugh.
- that he really is my best friend.
- that I have someone who loves sports as much, if not more, as me.
- that he encourages me to follow my dreams, wherever they may lead.
- that he is ok living in the Estrogen House!
- that we have a great relationship, something I know I take for granted.
- that he is just so darn handsome!
- that he loves my family (I know we're weird, and it takes a special person to love us!)
- that he treats me like a princess, something I am just now starting to appreciate.
- that he prayed for me for a year and a half before I accepted Christ - see, I told you he was patient!
- that he adores our daughters with every fiber of his being - he is the most amazing father ever!





3 comments:
My wife is amazing and it is a good thing I am reading this by myself because it is making me get a little emotional. My beautiful wife is the best blessing ever and I love her more than ever. Our first date was 12 years ago a week before Christmas, so I believe that that is absolutely correct. Thanks sweetheart and know that I love you very much!
It's disgustingly sweet and I love it! You guys really are a match made in heaven by God himself.
I love sappy! sniff! sniff!
Post a Comment