Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This week, I am so thankful ...

* for getting to snuggle ALL the girls yesterday. I stayed home with them because Kat & VRae were under the weather. We lounged on the couch, snuggled, & watched movies. It would have been so easy for me to obsess over "getting stuff done", but so much more important to take this God-given opportunity to love on my girls.

* that the girls are feeling better today. Because I don't know if I could have taken another day of Madison talking non-stop.

* for relationships with good friends.

* for His peace - the world just seems so good today!

* for the weird little frogs we have in our aquarium at work. They really are strange, and a little freaky, but they are fun to watch and laugh at.

* for the ability to say no, and the peace to know that it is ok to say no (so hard for my people-pleasing brain to grasp).

* for good books. I'm reading "The Case for the Real Jesus" by Lee Strobel right now, & it is such a good read!

* that God never requires me to turn off my brain - that part of "working out your own salvation with fear and trembling" can include asking God and other Christians the hard questions about my faith. Maybe that's why I'm enjoying the aforementioned Strobel book so much!

* that I get to spend almost every evening snuggling on the couch with my honey after the girls go to bed.

* for my Passion Play family. They really are a great bunch of people. I am honored to know them.

What are you thankful for this week?

3 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

I am thankful for you my sweet friend and your hubby and your precious three little girls...You guys are a gift to us!

I was also thinking the other day...maybe some day you and your girls can come over and play in the park here in Sky Ridge with us for an afternoon?? Ya' wanna?? xo

Jill said...

Thankful for you and your constant friendship. Thanks for your understanding, your patience and your encouragement. You rock sister!

Shonni said...

I heard about you from Linny's blog (Thankful Thursday)...You have a beautiful family and it sounds like you live in Colorado?
Have a great day!