My amazing friend Jo called me one day and said, "You know, I would be more than willing to take Madison and Violet. And I talked to Matt (her hubby) about it, and I would charge you $--- a month. If that works for you." That $--- was far less than any "professional" daycare I had found in the area.

If that works for me? Seriously? It was an amazing, God-provided miracle! An amazing woman, a great friend, who already knew my kiddos, was going to watch my children for a fee that I could afford. In the words of our pastor Linn, Yippee Jesus!
She loved our girls 5 days a week for 9 months. I knew when I dropped them off that they were going to have a wonderful time, be loved and prayed for, and disciplined like Momma would (so important when raising the future dictator of the free world). She was truly a gift from God!
This summer, Jo and Matt decided that, in order for Jo to be able to homeschool their daughter Anna this fall, Jo needed to be able to concentrate solely on Anna. Which I totally agreed with, and applauded them for doing it. But, once again, I was in a childcare pickle.
I began calling literally every place in town. There were either 2 year waiting lists (not kidding!) or the price was so high that it would have taken literally my entire paycheck. Doesn't make much sense to work just to pay for childcare, now does it? So, I had no idea what we were going to do. But, I have seen God show up in so many ways in the past year, I actually didn't worry. Somehow, I knew God had it figured out. And, boy, did He ever!
I got a random text from a young lady in our church late June, a few weeks after Jo and I had talked. She had been working for a local restaurant in town a few nights a week, and was burned out. She wanted to do something different. She already knew my kids, knew our situation, and wanted to work as a nanny for us! Hey, anyone that knows Madison and is still willing to spend 5 days a week with her must be an answer to prayer!

This is Holly, on the left, with her sister Heather. During our first conversation about the job, I was bluntly honest with her. I said, "This --- is how much we paid Jo. This --- is how much we could afford to pay you. If that is not enough for you, I completely understand, and I would be glad to help you find a job as a nanny with someone else." Much to my shock and joy, she said, "That sounds great. When can I start?"
Holly has been watching the kiddos at my house for almost a month now, and what a blessing it has been. She is even stronger-willed than my Madison, and has been able to put her in line. Now that we made it over the "Holly will discipline you just like Mommy does" hurdle, they have been having a blast with her. They literally scream for joy every morning when they hear her car pull into the parking lot. They give her huge hugs every evening when she goes home. They really do adore Miss Holly.
I have discovered a secret, side benefit of this new nanny. Every evening when I get home, my kitchen is SPOTLESS! Not just clean, mind you, but spotless! And the toys are always picked up. And the floor is clean (not covered in random food particles, like when Mommy is home & too busy to sweep).
But the best part, I think, is the peace. I feel peaceful when I leave the house in the morning. I'm not anxious or worried about my kids. I know that they will be loved, prayed for, played with.
I am so grateful for these two amazing women. They have made this time of my life so much easier to deal with. They are both truly gifts from God!





No comments:
Post a Comment