Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday...overwhelmed by grace

This morning, as I was driving into town for work, I was simply overwhelmed. It was quiet in the car. Madison and Violet were at home with the nanny. Katrina was on her way to Gametime with Daddy. I was by myself. This doesn't happen often. And normally, when it does, I can find things to distract me, rather than simply being with my Father.

Today, I couldn't help but be in His Presence. So many of our friends and family are going through really difficult situations right now. People I dearly love are hurting physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Just this week a young man I've known since he was little died suddenly in his sleep. He was only 16. The pain in people's lives, in our lives, sometimes overwhelms me. I physically hurt. I cry out to Daddy and ask why. Why are all these people hurting? Why are so many good people in such horrible situations right now? I know these things will happen, I know we live in a fallen world. But it just seems so prevalent right now - the pain and heartache never take a break lately. I don't understand why.

But then, this morning in the car, on the way to work, in the middle of rush hour traffic, He said, "My grace is sufficient for you." His grace is sufficient. That grace, that saves me from what I deserve, is sufficient. I am not meant to understand all the whys. Like a child, my Daddy will not always answer all my whys. But His grace is sufficient. His grace is sufficient for me. His grace is sufficient for the weak, the weary, the downtrodden, the attacked, the depressed, the lonely, the proud, the haughty, the poor, the rich, the everything-in-between. HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT!

The tears streamed down my face. I must have looked ridiculous to the construction workers, but I didn't care. My God had spoken to my heart. And I knew that I was worth it. Thank you Jesus, for being willing to be sufficient. For being willing to die for me, so that I may live fully in You. I am so grateful to my God, that He will be sufficient. We may not know all the whys, but we do know the how. GOD!

1 comment:

Jill said...

What an incredible word. Thank you for sharing friend!