Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

30 Day Picture Challenge: Day 21

Day 21:

A picture of something you wish you could forget



Do you know what this ribbon is for?


It is to fight sexual assault. 


Did you know that April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month?


I didn't.


Probably should have.


Maybe I didn't want to face that it happened to me.


A part of me still wonders if it was partially my fault.


My brain says NO WAY!  My heart wonders.


I was young.  Only 15.


And my heart had just been broken by my first real boyfriend.


He knew what he was doing.


I didn't.


Not until it was too late.


Now?


I will NOT allow another young girl to go through the trauma I went through alone.


5 comments:

Bethany said...

If only those memories could be wiped away. This too will be redeemed. As a survivor, I can empathize with your pain and stand along side you in the fight to protect our young girls and boys. Hugs!

Shell said...

Oh honey, of course it wasn't your fault. *hugs*

Amy said...

Oh my goodness Tiffany. I am so sorry that you had to go through something like that! God is using you to help spread the word on this though and help others who are feeling the same way. Prayers for you dear!

HeatherOz said...

OH Tiffany! Group Hug!!!
I think the same thing happened to me.

Rachel said...

I am so sorry Tiffany.

Can I get in with Heather on that hug - because I hate feeling so far away right now.

Thank you for speaking up about it. Insane how many women and girls experience this.