Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Because We Are Crazy



We loaded all our children into the van at 7am.


We drove them 7 hours.


We threw our stuff into our hotel room, then jumped back into the car.


We got to the Children's Museum and explored bubbles,





and painting





and dress up,





Then we drove across the river to meet up with cousins





and Dinger at the ball park.




Oh yeah, we totally gorged ourselves on junk food.



I posted a photo of my nachos to F*cebook.  They were that good.



The next morning we got up far too early, took our friends to Gunther Tooties for breakfast, then headed to Elichs.



Our day was spent riding carousel horses with friends,




and sisters.





Splashing in the water park (no photos cause I love my camera), discussing world politics in the stroller.




The stroller rentals were $10, plus a $10 deposit that you got back when you brought the stroller back.  Only the $10 you got back was in the form Elichs Dollars, usable at the park.  Kind of a scam to get you to buy crap junk souvenirs, but still the best $20 we spent all weekend.



We made memories on the rides,




and watched our youngest daughter





convince her big sisters to ride all the scary rides.




Who knew she would be the bravest of them all?



Sunday morning, we went to the home of my college roommate and her husband to meet their brand new baby boy.  Such a precious treasure - I was smitten.


Lunch with another set of friends, and then it was on the road again.


All in all, 60 hours of sheer chaos.


And memories.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I think it looked like a fabulous trip. And I'm so glad you endured the chaos first so that when we do something like this we can use your advice on how to make it a successful memory making trip. :)

Foursons said...

At first I was going to tell you that I agree, you are crazy for driving 7 hours just to go to a children's museum. BUT- the rest of the trip totally makes the drive worthwhile. Glad you had a good time! And you know what- I would have pitched a fit if they tried to give me fake money back for my deposit. That is so freakin' wrong.

Jan said...

That's not crazy at all! Denver is FAB-U-LOUS! I'd be there every weekend if I could!

Rachel said...

Sounds like the perfect kind of crazy to me!

I would love to get away for a weekend - and your destination sounds so fun!

Bethany said...

That looks like SO much fun. Yes, you're crazy! But in the top ten of cool moms. :) I'm glad you got to get away. Denver is really 7 hours for you? I forget how big CO really is!

HeatherOz said...

Looks and sounds like A LOT of fun chaos! You certainly packed a lot in to those 60 hours!

Angie Vik said...

Sounds like a good kind of crazy. The making good memories kind of crazy. I enjoyed seeing your pictures. We took our kids to Elitches 16 years ago and they had a blast.

I don't think it was right for you not to get your stroller deposit back unless they'd posted their policy somewhere or they made sure you knew before you rented it. Usually when you take the stroller back, you're done for the day and not wanting to go back inside to spend your money on things you hadn't planned to buy.