Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday...

Wow, is it Thursday already? Where did the last week go? For that matter, where did the last month go? Thanks to all my bloggy buddies for the reminder! So, here we go!

I am thankful...

1. for Madison's sense of humor. It is so great to actually see her have a sense of humor, rather than the scowls & screams that have accompanied most of her life thus far. She is a little comedian, and she knows it!

2. for Katrina's love for people. She is so like Jerome in that neither one has met a stranger. She genuinely loves, especially the students at the Well. She has ministered, in her own little way, to so many of the students there. I tell her that, every day, she shows everyone how much God loves them.

3. for Violet's smile. She seems to always be in a good mood. It is so rare to hear her fuss, and when she does it is over so quickly. You can't help but smile & laugh when she gives you her huge, 2-toothed grin!

4. for finding my prayer journal. I lost it last week, & tore apart the church, the house, & the car looking for it. I was distraught - I felt like I lost my arm. Then, Sunday night, while I was getting everything out of the car so it could go into the shop on Monday, I found it! Right where I look every day! I don't know why I couldnt' see it before, but I am so glad to have it back!

5. for Jerome's strength & wisdom. Sunday night at church, a pastor gifted in the prophetic was there to minister & pray for people. I did not want to stay (bad mood & disbelief that God had a word for ME), but Jerome felt very strongly that God did have a word for me. Needless to say, I forced him to the car, then we proceeded to fight about it while pulling out of the parking lot. I finally told him that if he felt so strongly about it, then turn the car around, and I would submit to him, even if I didn't really like him at that moment. So, Jerome turned the car around. We went back, and he stood in line with me while I, internally, complained about it. Then, God gave me such an amazing word! I am so grateful that my dear, sweet husband heard the Voice and responded to it, and gently showed me that I don't always have to be so stubborn.

6. for God's gentle little reminders that he is there, with me. I have felt like I am on such a rollercoaster for so long, sometimes I doubt whether or not I truly hear God's voice. But, last night at the Well, Daddy painted such a vivid picture of one of our students for me, and I was able to share that picture with him. And that is exactly who that student needed at that time - Daddy.

7. for Emma, Katie, Ashley, & Brittany. They are such amazing young women. They have a spiritual wisdom that is far beyond their physical years. They continually pour into my daughters, and my daughters willingly respond to the open and heartfelt love. They are the type of teens I pray my daughters become. No, they are not perfect, but they are amazing!

8. for our date night tomorrow. It seems like I'm not the only one getting a date tomorrow, & I am so glad for everyone else as well!

3 comments:

Kimberly Beach said...

I am thankful for the Blegers -

1. Violet - I love being Auntie Kim to this gem.

2. Nina - she makes me feel so good when she yells, "Miss Kim!!!" in the hallways at her school.

3. Madison - who read to me last night and told me she didn't like "Boom Boom" (thunder) and told me her favorite movie was Nemo and her favorite song was - well, I didn't understand that one. We're going to be buddies.

2. Tiffany - who made me feel like her girlfriend from the start. Who prays for me. Who lives a wonderful example for her daughters.

1. Jerome - who leads his family in the ways of God.

Kimberly Beach said...

Praying for you and your family today. Remember, breathe, close your eyes and enjoy the ride!

Jess in Progress said...

Hey Tiff,

Your blog has really made me step back and remember to look for things in life to be thankful for. I think it's really easy to look for something so hard that you don't see what's around you.

I miss you guys. Your family is really beautiful :)

Lots of Love!

Jess