I am thankful:
1. for sitting on the couch with the girls and reading books. I love to read, and I am so grateful that my girls are beginning to love it as well.
2. for my mom & mother-in-law. They have given, & continue to give, so much of themselves for their children & grandchildren. I can only hope & pray that someday I will be to my children & grandchildren what they are to our family.
3. for my Boiler Angels, Jo & Terry. Every time I hear the heater kick on, I am so grateful for their gift!
4. that we get to go to Phoenix for Thanksgiving this year. Even though my mom's family is really wacky, I love them & miss them terribly.
5. that Violet is healthy & growing. She actually climbed into the positive percentile for her weight! Yeah! She has spent so much of her life sick, it's refreshing to have her well for a while.
6. for clients that make my day fun! I just got off the phone with an older gentleman, who makes me smile & laugh every time I talk to him. He is a joyful reminder that your attitude greatly affects your day.
7. for the promises of God. I have been praying Malachi 3:10-12 for our family:
10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and
pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty. 12 "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the LORD Almighty.
pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty. 12 "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the LORD Almighty.
8. for getting to go on a date with Jerome tomorrow. He really is my best friend, but sometimes it is easy to forget to nurture that relationship like we should. I cherish our date nights because it is the only time where we are "just the two of us".
9. for my blogging buddies. For me, it is so much easier to share myself like this. I am grateful for a group of friends who understand me!
10. that I'm still here. Every day I'm still alive means another day to teach, learn, minister, be ministered to, love, laugh, & live.
Have a Thankful Thursday!





1 comment:
What a beautiful list! And counting our blessings lifts our spirits, too!
Post a Comment