Are you serious? Am I really the first one this week? NO WAY! I'm never the first one... Wow! Am I missing something? It is Thursday, right? All I can say is that I am both shocked & honored to be the first this week. So, here we go!
This week, I am thankful for:
1. My new friends Ben & Lisa. They are always so encouraging & just plain fun to be around!
2. taking the time to clean the fish/frog tank at work last night. The frogs look so much less disgusting when they are not swimming in their own feces!
3. getting to eat lunch at Katrina's school today. I sometimes feel like I have missed so much, having to work this year while Katrina is at kindergarden. I am grateful for this little opportunity to see her during the day.
4. salsa. I know it seems silly, but I REALLY LOVE salsa. A lot. Is there a 12-step program for that? Would I even want to go if there was one?
5. kisses and "I love you"s from Madison. They don't come as often as I would like, but when they do, they are precious.
6. my down comforter. I love snuggling under a giant blankie.
7. my SonicCare toothbrush. How spoiled am I, that I don't even have to think when I'm brushing my teeth?
8. all the little comforts that can so easily be seen as necessities. Sometimes it shocks me, how spoiled we really are here.
9. that we have 1 week until Thanksgiving! I am so excited to see all my family, I can't hardly stand it!
10. that we have 1 week and 2 days until we can decorate for Christmas! I am really excited for Christmas this year. I love all the parties, decorations, focused attention on Jesus's birth, EVERYTHING!
11. our grandparents. I realize that many people my age no longer have living grandparents, and between Jerome & I we have 4. What a living treasure!
12. my craft projects. Even though it seems like I never have the time I want to spend on them, I love losing myself for a little while in just being creative.
13. my co-workers, Natalie & Kim. They are so much fun to work with, it feels like I'm hanging out with friends all day!
14. the silly bird clock my mom has in the office. No, I'm not really "thankful" for this clock that annoys me every hour, every day, but the Bible does say "in everything give thanks", so...
15. microwaves. They make my life so much easier!
Have a thankful Thursday!





2 comments:
Yeah for being the first one! I'm thankful for you awesome friend and encourager. You guys are such a huge blessing to everyone you come in contact with. Thank you for being a friend - a true friend! Love you!
We are thankful for you guys, too!
See ya Sunday, I hope.
Ben and Lisa
Post a Comment