Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday... Girlfriends!

Yeah, yeah, I know... this is STILL not about Jerome. But, trust me, there is an ulterior motive at work here. We will tout the praises of my spouse in the future, but today is all about friends!

And, just so you know, I started this with listing specific people and why I am thankful for them. But, then I realized that SO many women contribute a part of themselves to inspire me, the list would be very long. I would also feel horrible if I forgot to list someone. And the attributes of a friend can sometimes get forgotten. And I didn't want to start any catfights!

Girlfriends:

  • love you when you are unlovely.
  • challenge you to be a better wife, mother, and woman of God.
  • understand when you have become so addicted to blogging that you JUST HAVE to figure out the whole background thing!
  • love your children when you can't.
  • give you a swift kick in the rear when needed.
  • hold you when you cry.
  • challenge you to realize that most ministry does not happen at church.
  • help you see the awesome splendor of God's creation when it's easy to be focused on the mundane.
  • know that you drink your coffee with a straw, and are ok with that.
  • put up with and laugh at all your other weird habits.
  • know all your weird habits.
  • know all your dirty laundry, and love you more because of it.
  • encourage you to live your passions & dreams.
  • find the good in you when all you see is the crap.
  • pray, anytime.
  • laugh over dumb things.
  • push you outside of your box to find where you are truly called.
  • can see you looking your worst & still think you're beautiful.
  • can see you looking your best and know that you're hiding.
  • don't care how clean your house is, but how clean your heart is.
  • love you no matter what.
  • are there no matter what.

Thank you, my girlfriends, for being there for me. You inspire, challenge, comfort, and encourage me in ways I will never be able to express. Thank you for allowing me to be me, to share my heart, and to let down my guard. I am truly thankful that my Daddy has given me such wonderful friends with whom to share this life. I couldn't do it without you! Know that you are a blessing today!

And, if you do not feel like you have someone in your life who is like that, tell me. I will gladly volunteer!

3 comments:

Miss. Jinny said...

Hey Tiff!

I am thankful for you as well! I am thankful for you laugh that brightens my day! I am thankful for your love of kids! I am thankful that God has brought you into my life. I am thankful for our friendship! This is just a very few things I am thankful for but I thought I would share some with you! I love you!

Jill said...

Ditto to all the things Jinny mentioned. You are an awesome girlfriend to me and so many others. And by the way, I LOVE your background :)

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

OK... so right back at you girlfriend. You are such a blessing to me and my life. I am glad to call you my friend chica. LOVE YOUR BACKGROUND TOO! lv, jen