I think they should have build a theme park. Call it Madisonland. The food stands would only sell juice, lime-shrimp ramen noodles, and candy. The soundtrack in every ride would be, "no...I no like it... I go potty, I get candy... we go to church... I go to Jo's house... I like Papa Jim ... what's that truck say..." There would be a special ride called the Molars, in which you get to ride the emotional roller coaster of cutting teeth with Madison. But, maybe, that's just me...
Seriously, Madison is really funny to be around, most of the time. She loves to laugh & be silly, and this weekend was no exception.
Adventure #1: Hair
Saturday morning, we took the girls for a hair cut. Katrina loves Miss Ronda, loves the chair, loves getting her hair cut. Madison... not so much. I have been trimming her bangs because I didn't want to subject my amazing hairdresser to the wonders of my daughter. But, we decided to give it a try. I got tired of the screaming, morning and night, as we tried to brush her hair.
So, here is Madison with her bribery. Yes, this is one of those things you swear, before kids, that you'll never do.
And, presenting, Miss Too Big For My Britches, complete with a new haircut. We survived, with no tears! She absolutely loved it, and made sure everyone at church on Sunday knew she had gotten her hair cut.
Adventure #2: Dinner
Saturday night's dinner consisted of steak, fish, rice and veggies. I had no idea what, if anything, Madison was going to eat. She had been riding her emotional roller coaster all day. She ate a little steak (it was kind of hard to chew), a little fish, all of her rice (no surprise there), and ALL OF HER CARROTS! Hallelujah, the child ate veggies. She liked them so much, she asked for seconds, then thirds, etc. She then told us, and I quote, "I like carrots. Carrots are my best friend." Should I be concerned that my child is that close to her carrots? Perhaps too much veggietales?
Adventure #3: Breakfast
Breakfast Sunday morning for the "big" girls consisted of powdered donuts and granola bars. I know, not the healthiest, but sometimes you have to pick your battles. Well, Madi ate all of her donuts, wanted more, then got mad when informed that there were no more. Instead of eating her granola bar, which she asked for, she waited until Katrina turned her back, then STOLE her sister's donuts off her plate! I told Madison to put them back, which made Madison mad and got Kat's attention. Katrina yelled at her sister, Madi cried because she got caught, and the only thing Jerome & I could do was turn our backs and giggle uncontrollably. Once we were done laughing & crying, we were able to tell Madi that, no, it is not okay to steal food from your sister.
Like I said before - a new theme park - Adventures in Madisonland. Only our family...





2 comments:
I would buy tickets to Madisonland. She's the greatest! And she's absolutely gorgeous with her new hair-do. Love it! I still can't believe she loves lime-shrimp Ramen.... And you love her because you get to share some of the best stories. All thanks to Maddie!
Sounds like a fun place :) I'll go too!
Post a Comment