Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New's Years Day - Sledding Insanity!

Our great friends, Ryan & Sommer Randol, invited all of us to their home in Mancos on New Year's Day for sledding & chili. We drove into the mountains above their house, then Ryan pulled us to the sledding hill behind his 4-wheeler. The snow was about 2 feet deep where we were sledding, which made for very interesting walking with the children. We had a grand time sledding, throwing snowballs, and shooting guns... oh, come on, its the Randols. Did you actually think we would go into the woods without shooting something? We then all went back to the Randols and enjoyed Sommer's homemade chili with all the fixings. All in all, it was a very fun day!


Violet's first real snow experience - what is this cold stuff?




Madison enjoying a little snack in the snow. As long as she had food, she was fine.


Daddy & Violet getting ready to sled.

Katrina got to ride on the toboggan behind the 4-wheeler with the other "big" girls. She had a blast, and was such a trooper. She hiked through snow above her hips for most of the afternoon.


Ryan & Sommer's youngest, Sean. He is almost 4 months old, and is, obviously, not easily fussed. He just lounged around in his carrier, admiring the scenery.



The crew - obviously Madi did not appreciate the photo op.



Only Ryan, Mike, Sommer, & Tiffany would go sledding and take an infant carrier, a camo diaper bag, and enough firearms to form a militia. Sleds & guns - what a great combination!





Ryan & Sommer, our amazing hosts - they always make everything a fun adventure!



Madi still did not appreciate the photo opp.




Violet, Celine & Tiff resting inbetween hikes.





















4 comments:

Jo said...

Looks like fun - and I am sure the shooting was enjoyed by all:) - will at least by you, Sommer, and the boys.

Jill said...

I was so bummed that we couldn't be there. It looks like you guys had a blast. And I would've been able to maybe shoot my very first gun. Oh well, some other time. And I'm pretty sure Jack wouldn't have just sat in his chair so sweetly. :)

PS. Love the new background! and all the new blogs. So fun to read!

Kimberly Beach said...

I'm in trouble. I didn't tell David about the sledding day and that we were invited.

Please help me Ryan! Schedule another sledding/shooting day! I'll stay with Sean and Vi!

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

So first of all... I LOVE your new background AND your Superchicks music. You rock bloggin mama! And I have to say I think the Randols... need to make their sledding/chili/4 wheelers event an annual thing. I am sad I missed it too. What a blast! Katrina is a trooper man! Love the pics of all your beautiful girls... and I am so happy that you were blessed that day to be able to use a gun. :)