Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 16, 2009

For the Saunders...please pray!

I know I have a few "lurkers" and readers that do not follow our dear pastor Linn's blog. I have wanted to post about what has been going on this week, and to ask you to plead in prayer for them with me, but I simply did not know where to start. My heart is so heavy, and so hurting for this family, that I couldn't even begin to write.

Wednesday morning I received a call at 7:15 AM from Linn. When she answered, she was so hysterical I could barely understand her. Their home was on fire. She had gotten all the kids out of the house, but couldn't get diapers for the little ones. For those of you who do not know, they have 9 children, both by birth and adoption, with 6 of them at home. Her husband Dwight was about an hour away at a pastor's retreat. We live nearby, so as I quickly grabbed diapers, wipes, whatever I could think of, Jerome & the girls began praying.

The day was filled with frantic emails & phone calls as the news spread. Praise God, everyone is safe, but they believe they have lost most of their belongings. The damage to their home is extensive, but they believe it is repairable. They are now beginning the process of sifting through what is left of their belongings, a task I cannot even imagine.

And, when the timing couldn't be worse, their son Graham had to be rushed into emergency surgery yesterday for acute appendicitis. He is recovering well, but this dear family is beyond what they can handle. I know God's word says that He will not give us more than we can handle, but I can't imagine much more than this.

Two fellow bloggers, Lori and Lydsey, dear friends of the Saunders, have built a blog dedicated to updates about the family. They are also using this blog as a way for people to communicate how amazing this family is. You can go there for updates, and to leave encouragement for the family. They have also set up a ChipIn account for people across the nation and the world to be able to give to this family. Lurkers, this is the time to come out of hiding! This family could use all the support and prayer you can give. Please pray especially for the children - they are mourning the loss of their beloved possessions - blankies, stuffed animals, etc. Two of their precious family, Elizabeth & Elijah, just came home to them from Uganda right before Christmas.

Thank you, my dear friends & family, for lifting up this family with us.

No comments: