I know, I know... I am so late it isn't even funny! I completely missed Christmas & New Year's, and I'm three days late this week. Well, better late than never, right? I have spent much of the last few weeks reminiscing over the last year. I have been so humbled by God's provision, mercy, and grace over the last 14 months. I feel like I have grown more in the last year in my walk with God than I have in the last 11. It never ceases to amaze me the lengths that Daddy has to go through to get me past my stubborn nature. And yet, for all the good, bad, and the ugly, I would not trade this year for anything!
Our "year" actually began on November 2, 2007, when our precious Violet was born. What a surprise her pregnancy was! Only 7 months after Madison was born, I was pregnant again! But what a gift she has been. Her birth was divinely ordained for such a time as this - I can't wait to see where God takes her next!
Our Christmas picture from 2007, taken by our friend Roxanne Vargas.

In January, we took a family trip to Paris with our great friend/babysitter extraordinaire Katie Swartzman. You might say we were crazy, taking 3 children under the age of 5 on a transatlantic flight. Yes, yes we are! But I would not trade the memories for the world! Here we are on the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Feeding the birds in a little park next to the Seine River.

Relaxing in the apartment. How the children have grown in a year!

Yes, I was crazy to take a 2 month old to France! But even more crazy to take Madison, who wasn't walking yet, and just as stubborn then as she is now!

Our family at Disneyland Paris. Such a great day, with so many fun memories with the girls!

By far, Kat's favorite part of the trip - getting to meet Cinderella!

She looks so little in this picture!

And Madison is so little, too - still a baby.

Shortly after our Paris trip, we decided that I needed to go to work to help with our family's finances. God opened an opportunity for me to work at my parents' office. I was there part time until September, when I started full-time. We have learned so much humility (how do you tell your parents that you want to work for them?) and grace (parents that still love you even when you have to admit that you've royally screwed up). We have seen God provide, financially, emotionally, and spiritually, in ways that we would not have imagined. And His ideas for provision are so much cooler than ours! We have seen Jerome's business go from losing 6 deals in 3 months to having a home under contract that was only on the market for 2 weeks! We have had friends come alongside us to watch our children so that I can work (many, many, many thanks to all of you). We have had friends, family, and mentors pray for us continually. We made it through 10 months with no real estate sales, and God provided. Such a great time to be alive!
Violet during 4th of July celebrations - what a party animal!

The Blegers terrorize Indiana! Cousin Michael got married October 4, so we ALL flew TOGETHER (thanks Mama) for the celebration. And we're all still alive! Seriously, it was a great trip, and so wonderful to watch the girls with their great-grandpa. He is so precious & loving, just like his daughter.

Madison & Papa at a Tucker family wedding in October.

The princess & the King! he, he, he... I only say "King" because we are constantly reminding the older princesses that Mommy is Queen of the Castle!

The infamous poop night! If you missed that post, click here and prepare to laugh until you pee your pants. I will NEVER forget that night.

Our 2008 family picture, taken in October by my daddy. While Mom did really silly, embarrassing things to get the grandkids to smile. They never did that for us. They threatened... yeah, again, good to be the grandkid!

Violet's 1st birthday party! Such a little princess!

The Tucker/Bleger family trip to Phoenix for Thanksgiving. Violet got to meet that family, including the great-grandparents, and we got to wear shorts! God is good!

They still love the ears, even after a year. And now, Violet actually likes to wear them.

They're big enough now to perform in the Christmas program at church.

All in all, this has been an amazing year. Filled with joy, heartache, praise, prayer, miracles,tears, laughter, family, friends, frustrations, fears, provision, and trust. I believe that is the most important lesson I have learned this year - trust. I CAN trust Daddy! Thank you , my friends, for sharing in this year with me, for walking with our family, for holding us up in prayer, for laughing with us, for sharing life. I am honored, and looking forward to what God has in store for 2009. It's gotta be good!





3 comments:
Okay you got me. Love you guys. sniff sniff.
Your insight to things has been unbelievable and i am so blessed that I get to learn this stuff with you. I love you more each day.
I feel ancient. I remember when Katrina was just days old. Quite the story, maybe one day God will lead me on the mom adventure. Random Q: What ever happened to Toby and Harley?
Post a Comment