Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 23, 2009

When all is TOO quiet

Have you ever noticed that the really ornery things your kids do are not when they are making a bunch of noise, but rather when all is quiet? It's like they lull you in the belief that maybe, just maybe, your kids are becoming the cherubs you have prayed for. Then they pounce!

When all is TOO quiet...


In the car:

Violet probably has removed her shoes and socks, and thrown them at her sister.

Madison has poured the contents of her water bottle on herself and Violet.

Katrina has "decorated" her window with stickers.

Madison has given her little sister a toy not age-appropriate, and Violet is proceeding to try to shove the entire thing into her mouth.




At the dinner table:


The cat is enjoying the "accidental" droppings of Madison.


Violet has dumped the entire contents of her plate down her shirt.


Violet has thrown her sippy cup onto the floor so hard that the "sippy" spout has broken off, leaving water to form a lovely puddle for one of the older sisters to then slip in and create a massive, chaotic, doomsday scenario.






Around the house:


Violet has gotten into her sisters' closet and is discovering the joy of dry erase markers.

Madison may or may not have had a potty training accident.

Something has been put in the toilet.


Katrina is attempting to use a cat as a baby doll. This bout of silence is usually followed by feline howls and 5-year-old tears.

Hurricane Violet has struck, emptying every toy (and usually some magazines) onto the floor.




And, this picture is included because I am certain that I have the only children who find ornery things to do when in groups. Because other children never cause problems in herds. Just mine...
But, isn't this a precious bunch of blond-haired, blue-eyes beauties? How could they ever do anything ornery?





5 comments:

Sommer said...

Your girls are beautiful. But I think God made little kids so cute to cover up the onery. Don't you think so?

Shelly said...

Too true. Even at 7 1/2 months old Norah makes me nervous when she's too quiet. If she's not yelling at one of her toys it's probably because it has found her way into her mouth and is dangerously close to blocking her airway. I can't wait until she's got a younger sibling to "be quiet" with. AACK!

Megan said...

This post really made me laugh out loud. We've all had those crazy parenting moments. One time Lily shoved a spoon down Sadie's throat while she was in the swing. Glad it wasn't something else...but it sure did make Sadie gag real good :) You are a wonderful mom, and this post actually captures the truth of your blog name: Bleger Chaos! Every mom can relate :) Love ya Tiff.

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

I love this post. I couldn't wait to read each and every example. Love the pic of the blue eyed girls... they are adorable. Thanks for the great post! :)

Michy said...

Very cute! I love little kid stories. You also crack me up how nearly every time I see you comment on someone else's blog you say you are crying!!! I have noticed that the older I get the more easily the tears come. What is that about anyways?!?!?!