Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Conversations with a Two-Year-Old, and a Rock Your World Moment

Many times, I just have to shake my head. Like this morning. We had two of these moments.

Conversation #1:

We were in the car, driving to the sitter's house, when Madison informed me that she "hated" such-and-such movie. Now, I try to not use that word, and do not let the girls use it. So I told her that our family does not say hate. She then told me, and I quote, "Then I'm not going to take you to my birthday party!" How do you politely inform your two-year-old that, without you, she wouldn't have a birthday, and if the attitude continued, NO FUTURE BIRTHDAYS?

Conversation #2:

A little while later, she was crying/whining because the sun was in her eyes. Usually, when this happens in the car, she complains until the car shifts and the sun no longer bothers her. Today, she informed me that she was not the boss. The sun was the boss. And she stopped whining. We have finally found one thing over which Madison will admit she has no control. The sun. The rest of the known universe, apparently, is still run by Princess Doodlepaws.

5 comments:

Miss. Jinny said...

Oh my gosh Tiff thank you for the laugh of the day! :) It was so good and you really make me laugh! Man how I love your little Madison Lily she lights up my life! :) I love you and your family so very much!

Jo said...

So the birthday thing kept up all day. Apparently Anna, Benen, and I are not invited either... I think she even said it to Violet. Maybe we can convince her that we are all the sun... it might work... okay not really she is way to smart for that.

Kimberly Beach said...

She's got David laughing!

Sommer said...

Hilarious! I needed that laugh.

Michy said...

How cute! I love that ... telling her mom that she can't come to her birthday party. Maybe she figures its dad that puts it on! :o)