Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday...on Friday...again!

Wow! Today is so different than last week. It's amazing how your world simply stops when someone you love is that sick. Last week at this time I was sitting in a darkened hospital room, watching my baby try to sleep, but be unable to because of the pain. This week, I am at work, hoping that my baby is sleeping at Grandma's house. She is doing much better (more on that in an upcoming post), and our family is starting to settle back into our routine. This week, I am grateful and thankful:
  • to be home. I love my home, and my bed, and my kitchen, and my shower (with the really hot water).
  • for our friends and family. I was overwhelmed by all the love, prayers, everything you all showed us (but, again, more on that later).
  • for ibuprofen, allergy meds, and popsicles. The darned cottonwood trees are blooming, sending my throat into flames, my lungs into coughing spasms, and my head into the dreaded "allergy black hole". Gotta love the cottonwoods...
  • for my tulips that are almost ready to bloom. Can't wait to get the lawn mower/shovels/weed wackers out this weekend!
  • for the peace that surpasses all understanding. Thank you Daddy, for your hand on my head, reassuring me to be calm when it's so easy to be stressed.
  • for Taco Bell hot sauce. Seriously, is there anything greater? We have a massive bag in the fridge at work because every time someone goes, they take a huge handful.
  • amazing young women who are willing to wrangle our herd of children in our home group on Thursday nights. We seriously, some weeks, have more children in our group than adults. If it weren't for these amazing ladies, I am convinced that we would have had a hostage situation long ago!
  • my mom & dad. You don't realize all your parents sacrificed and did for you until you have children of your own, and you are doing the same things for them. Mom & Dad aren't perfect, but they are amazing!
  • Fuddruckers. Seriously. I love that place. Want to go tomorrow night for dinner, baby? Now, let's see if he actually reads this before tomorrow. Any bets?

1 comment:

Kimberly Beach said...

Ooh, I'd go to Fudruckers!