What a week! In case you didn't read my previous post, Violet is in the hospital with pneumonia. It's been an interesting day, to say the least. But, there is always so much to be thankful for! This week, I am thankful:
- that Jerome did such an amazing job of taking care of the girls while I was away. I am truly blessed to have him in my life - he is a gift from Daddy!
- that we caught Violet's illness so early. The medicine is working quickly to comfort her & ease her pain - much easier than if we had let it go much longer.
- for the amazing staff here at the hospital. Our nurses (Lauren & Crystal - amazing), doctors, everyone is incredible. They are so loving & gentle with VRae, and take the time to make sure I understand everything. When her respiratory therapist hadn't shown up for her 8PM nebulizer treatment, one of the nurses went to track him down. He was literally saving a man's life in the ICU. He also has two more patients coming in tonight from other hospitals with the same problems. If you remember, please be in prayer for Violet's therapist, Dave. He has a long night ahead of him.
- for all our friend & family who came by, offered to make meals, called, texted, and prayed. This, to me, is truly the body of Christ - when we are willing to put our lives & agendas on hold to minister to someone else. You all need to know that you truly are loved and appreciated. Thank you so much!
- that we live 2 minutes from the hospital. JJ & the girls were able to hang out until bedtime. It was so sweet seeing Katrina & Madi love on VRae and help cheer her up.
- that Violet is sleeping peacefully. I think it may be time for me to join her!
1 comment:
Girl, we totally love you all and are keeping all of you in our prayers. I am so glad we serve an awesome God who answers prayer.
Please let us know if there is anything else you need.
Post a Comment