Tuesday, our amazing friends Bill & Jen had a beautiful baby girl. On the way to the hospital, Madison randomly said, "Mommy I'm gonna pray for you." I said OK, wondering what was going to come out of her mouth. Because you never really know what is going to come out of her mouth.
She started praying, "Thank you Jesus for this day. Thank you for my food. Thank you for my mommy. Thank you for my daddy. Thank you for my sisters. Thank you for my kitties. Thank you for my grandma. Thank you for my Papa. Thank you for Miss Jen...." She continued to name everyone she could think of. I was thinking just how sweet her little prayer was.
From the very back of the car, Miss Katrina piped up with, "Mommy, we learned on Sunday that Jesus is the king of kings." I replied, "You're right, honey, He is."
"And we learned that Jesus is the Lord of Lords."
"Yes. He is the Lord."
And then, Madison, true to her slightly dominant nature, replied:
"Mommy, and I'm the Lord!"
Can I just say that I think I am the only parent on the face of the earth that actually has to explain to her child that no, she is not, in fact, the Creator of the Universe?
"No, honey. You're not the Lord. Jesus is the Lord."
"I not the Lord?"
"No sweetie. Jesus is."
"Jesus is the (pronounced duh) Lord. I not the Lord."
Although I must say she took it well...
Later, after we left the hospital, Madison again regaled us. We were discussing the amazingly beautiful baby Josie (not that I'm biased or anything), and Madison asked, "Baby Josie comin' to our house?" I told her that, no, Baby Josie had to stay in the hospital a few days with her mommy.
"Well, after the hospital, she comin' to our house."
"No, sweetie. Baby Josie's going to live with her mommy and daddy."
"No Mommy. Billy gonna bring Baby Josie to our house."
"Baby Josie does not live with us Madison. Baby Josie will live with Mrs. Jen and Mr. Bill at their house."
"NO MOMMY!!!" Much crying ensued... The child who invites then un-invites literally everyone to her birthday party was brought to tears over the thought of a baby, not belonging to our fleshly family, not living with us.
She was OK when we told her that Mr. Billy and Mrs. Jen would probably bring her over in a few weeks for a visit.
And then she wanted a cookie.
That's my kid. Sigh.





1 comment:
Oh and how I love your kid it makes my heart fill with joy to hear that a 2 almost 3 year old wants to pray and gets what it means to thank God for things! I wish that everyone would begin to see how amazing it is to work with children and see how awesome it is when they get what it means to love Jesus and to thank God! Man it seriously brings tears to my eyes!
Post a Comment