Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 8, 2011

Just a typical summer day

I am slowly developing our new routine. Violet still asks me every few days if I am really staying home with her. Madison wants to be at the park or the swimming pool every day, and Katrina is reading every book she can get her hands on.

Baseball season is done. Swimming lessons will start soon. I am slowly decluttering our house and getting our school room prepped. Oh yeah, did I tell y'all that we are homeschooling this year? We got our curriculum this week and the girls want to start NOW. I am trying to make them wait until at least August, so I can get at least a few lessons planned.

Today we got up, got dressed, cleaned our rooms, had breakfast, took a box of stuff to the thrift store, took a load of books to the library, washed and vacuumed the car, went to the grocery store, and played at the Children's museum. Next we are headed to a park foe lunch with friends then home for naps. Then it will be time for dinner and home group, and an outdoor movie at a local park. Then bed.

Like I said before, just a typical summer day...
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

9 comments:

Amy said...

Is being home not the GREATEST!!!! I mean, yeah it is way busier than any job.... but boy is it more rewarding!!!

AHHHHH!!!! I just LOVE that you are homeschooling!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I think it is going to be great for you and all the girls, but especially Katrina. Lula Mae and I do school year round, but she is not on "curriculum" yet. I will do more of a "school year" when we start Kindergarten. I am stoked for you guys!!!!

You guys sound like you are having a fantastic summer. Enjoy every second of it! Although, I miss you dearly. Now we will get to email about school things :-) awwww!

Brandi said...

Oh yay for homeschool! :) It's crazy hectic sometimes, but fun. We school all year and just take a break when we feel like taking a break. If you're going to start in Aug., sometimes it's good to start a week or two early and get the kinks out. Good luck! I think you and the girls will have fun!

Foursons said...

I will never regret staying home w/my boys. Yeah we were broke and couldn't afford much but they were worth every penny we didn't have. In fact, I'd like to stay home now that they're all in school too. But that is just for me, not for them. Hahaha.

Good luck w/homeschooling, I'm sure y'all will do great. Obviously, the 2 comments above me prove that there is no set way to do it. I kinda like Brandi's idea of taking a break whenever you want. :)

Dawn said...

I am having the 4 girls a lot this summer, and I have to say I'm not that creative of a grandma - I love it when Grandpa's home! They want to be doing something "fun" all the time.

I could never have home schooled - I admire those who have that kind of patience.

I'm so glad you get to be home!

Rachel said...

This post just makes me so happy for you. So thrilled that you get to stay home with your girls (and obviously they are thrilled too!)

More than slightly jealous, but it doesn't take one bit away from how happy I am for you :)

Angie Vik said...

Fun to read that so far things are going well with staying home. They'll be hard days but any job has hard days and being a full-time SAHM is no different.

But there will also be good days and good memories and lots of rewarding moments.

One time when my son was little he gave me a big hug. I thanked him, telling him that hugs from my children were my pay. He smiled, gave me another hug, and said, "Then I'm going to make you a rich woman."

Beth Zimmerman said...

Enjoy every moment! I am so happy for you!

Michy said...

love. :o)

HeatherOz said...

You guys are sure busy! I can't wait to hear more about your homeschooling.